C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Is the 2006 CLS 55 AMG available for immediate delivery in the USA?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Dodge Viper Mamba Edition - White
Is the 2006 CLS 55 AMG available for immediate delivery in the USA?

We do have a few CLS 55 AMG cars coming but all the dealers that we have ordered cars from tell us that the car won't be here until March. I have done business with most of them them in the past and they have always honored their contracts and delivered our cars on time. However, I'm a bit skeptic this time because a private dealer here in Souther California has offered me a Black on Black CLS 55 AMG for 30k over the MSRP! Personally, I think that is a big rip off but I am pretty sure that he will sell his car at that price if he finds the right customer.

Is that possible? Has Mercedes released the CLS 55 AMG at the same time than the CLS 500 or are those just rumors? Has anybody taken delivery today of a CLS 55 AMG or knows exactly when the car is coming? I know that many dealers say that the car will be here in February but MBUSA as well as all the dealers that we have ordered cars from tell us that the first demos and first delivery car won't be here until March. Does somebody know who is correct? Hope someone can help us out to clarify this issue.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by NelsonExotics
We do have a few CLS 55 AMG cars coming but all the dealers that we have ordered cars from tell us that the car won't be here until March. I have done business with most of them them in the past and they have always honored their contracts and delivered our cars on time. However, I'm a bit skeptic this time because a private dealer here in Souther California has offered me a Black on Black CLS 55 AMG for 30k over the MSRP! Personally, I think that is a big rip off but I am pretty sure that he will sell his car at that price if he finds the right customer.

Is that possible? Has Mercedes released the CLS 55 AMG at the same time than the CLS 500 or are those just rumors? Has anybody taken delivery today of a CLS 55 AMG or knows exactly when the car is coming? I know that many dealers say that the car will be here in February but MBUSA as well as all the dealers that we have ordered cars from tell us that the first demos and first delivery car won't be here until March. Does somebody know who is correct? Hope someone can help us out to clarify this issue.
the dealer i go to is owned BY MERCEDES-BENZ in germany so they never charge over MSRP even if its special order.

yes. the CLS55 is going to be here this week or by next week for sure. i have a CLS55 on order and my salesman told me that a CLS500 is in his show room as of yesterday and he will be getting 2 CLS55's by next week for 2 customers and will be geting 4 per month. i thought in march too, but thanx for that ill be getting mine by june.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL65, E55T, Pending S65
4 per month sounds a bit extreme. 48 CLS55's per year for one dealer? Not going to be a rare car then is it.....

Wow
Old 01-18-2005, 12:33 PM
Almost a Member!

08 S550v4 sport pkg, 07 BMW M6 converti, 07 CL550 Sport pkg
well they are going to build 1500 cls55 this year and the dealership that is getting the 48 cars (or So) this year is prob. the biggest of mercedes dealers in New Yor City. if i am correct it is MB of Manhattan
Old 01-18-2005, 02:00 PM

yes it is MB of manhattan and if iam correct they are the biggest dealer in the U.S. with 2 locations in manhattan. and like i said this dealer is owned by the Daimler-Chrysler company, so they get more then any dealer. thats why i go there for all my benz's, and they never charge extra b/c its a high demand car.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:12 PM

2004 Dodge Viper Mamba Edition - White
Originally Posted by Lov2xlr8
yes. the CLS55 is going to be here this week or by next week for sure. i have a CLS55 on order and my salesman told me that a CLS500 is in his show room as of yesterday and he will be getting 2 CLS55's by next week for 2 customers and will be geting 4 per month. i thought in march too, but thanx for that ill be getting mine by june.
I'm sorry if I'm so skeptic but I still cannot believe it. Could you please post some pictures of an actual CLS 55 AMG at your dealer once they have one in their showroom? I guess that will be the only way to convince me that what the dealer is telling is the true Thanks.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by NelsonExotics
I'm sorry if I'm so skeptic but I still cannot believe it. Could you please post some pictures of an actual CLS 55 AMG at your dealer once they have one in their showroom? I guess that will be the only way to convince me that what the dealer is telling is the true Thanks.
i understand that u cant believe it. neither can i, but my salesman told me that iam 19 in line at about 4/month so my delivery date is about june. iam going to wait till they get the 55 in before i go, so it will probably be next week and yes iam taking a camera.