C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Cls55 For Sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cls55 For Sale

hi guys!
i have a silver cls 55 available for sale....
if interested, e- mail me for more details. and give me an offer.
car has a $95,730 MSRP. it has less than 100 miles...

my email is omijio@aol.com
thanks
Old 02-24-2005, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL65, E55T, Pending S65
Why are you selling it?
Old 02-25-2005, 12:56 PM

to make some money....
Old 02-25-2005, 02:13 PM

CLS55 AMG
No offense, but IMHO, this site is about talking cars - not selling them. Go to E-bay or your local newspaper if you want to sell cars.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65, E55T, Pending S65
I could not agree more. Your three posts are all to sell a car and make some money. That is exactly why we are here.

Take it somewhere else unless you plan to sell it at MSRP and that is what the classifieds are for.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:51 PM

Spyker C8, MB ML63 AMG, land rover
Not only that, but you can buy the same car, brand new from a reputable dealer...why risk it with a private seller?
Old 02-26-2005, 01:24 PM

good luck ordering it and taking delivery at this point before the next 2 yrs.
if you had any idea you wouldn't say such a thing.....
Old 02-26-2005, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by omijio
Went to see my dealer last week, car delivered today!...if one week is too much wait time, you must be one impatient dude
Old 02-26-2005, 06:53 PM

2007 ML 320CDI
This is the wrong arena for making a quick buck, my friend. None of these people here are poor, but I doubt it that anyone would be stupid enough to pay over MSRP for the car. Yes, go to EBay, please!!
Old 02-26-2005, 07:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
488 GTB
What a loser.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by aniantchev
This is the wrong arena for making a quick buck, my friend. None of these people here are poor, but I doubt it that anyone would be stupid enough to pay over MSRP for the car. Yes, go to EBay, please!!

Actually quite a few people are willing to pay over MSRP for this car...I did, as did most folks who are lucky enough to be driving them now...last one to go off on ebay went for $109K, quite a bit over MSRP...just like all cars that are either collector pieces ala Ferrari and the like or cars in limited production and new intros, they will always fetch a premium.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
488 GTB
I feel sorry you paid MSRP. If you call around there are several dealers that can get you a car at msrp withing 60 days. If it means that much to have the first car out then I guess thats a personal decision.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
I guess you should have a good relationship with your dealer. I was just in the dealership a few weeks ago looking at the CLS 500 they had and my dealer said....you want a CLS55 ? I will get you one for MSRP....fully loaded, almost $100K.
I said no...a little too out of my price range right now.
So the moral of this story is if you have a good dealer then you can get anything for MSRP. I actually paid a thousand under MSRP for my CLK55 since they messed up my interior color combo.

Its nice to have a good dealer.

Old 02-28-2005, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65, E55T, Pending S65
Paid MSRP and have had the car for a couple of weeks....If people will stop paying the premiums over MSRP then less people will buy them with the intent only to sell them and more people can buy them at MSRP.

Then again it is all supply and demand. I certainly understand people not wanting to wait, I just hate to see it thrown in our faces. We all know where to go and get a car early and pay a premium for it. This is not the place for it.

Just my .02.

Last edited by Schiznick; 02-28-2005 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by omijio
You are a fool. These cars are around at sticker so get lost and hope your car never sells!

Saw a truck taking cars to a dealership today... it had 2 CLS55's on it. Rare care huh!

If I wanted to get one today I bet I could find on at sticker with-in 3 hrs. But then again I will just wait for my CLS55 to come in a month.

P.S. This fad of selling cars for over sticker to make money is done. You wont make a buck I bet and I will sleep well knowing that

Have fun!
Old 02-28-2005, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
dude.....stop hating and being so bitter. Had a bad day? The guy isnt making himself look like King Solomon by posting the way he did, but you arent making yourself look very good either. People have their reasons for doing what they do. Hopefully you will edit your post if you see this in a different light.

T
Old 03-01-2005, 02:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by Doctodd33
dude.....stop hating and being so bitter. Had a bad day? The guy isnt making himself look like King Solomon by posting the way he did, but you arent making yourself look very good either. People have their reasons for doing what they do. Hopefully you will edit your post if you see this in a different light.

T
I honestly don’t see a single reason as to why my post should be edited. I don’t think what he’s doing is correct. The days of selling cars for 20k over are done and people trying to go around on message boards looking for a quick buck are tacky. If he wants to try to get a buyer go to the LA Times or E-bay but I bet he won’t make nearly what he wants. My buck says he wont make a cent after paying taxes and registration fees. Maybe he got the car for dealer cost and if that’s the case he could make a bit of money.

Is it a way to make money? Yes

But I see many other ways to make money that involve providing a real service to society. This is just a person taking a car away from #2 on the waiting list and chances are #2 wants the car to enjoy it and not just make a buck.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:46 AM

sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
ON the other hand

The seller did not say he was trying to overcharge. There probably are parts of the country where the AMG model is in short supply. (Not every dealer likes to floorplan the more expensive models). This could be a win-win situation for someone whose local dealer is asking a premium in excess of what this seller is offering. As to the two year wait though - sorry, but this vehicle is not in that big of a demand. My dealer could get me one in short order and was not asking over msrp either.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by northbenz
The seller did not say he was trying to overcharge. There probably are parts of the country where the AMG model is in short supply. (Not every dealer likes to floorplan the more expensive models). This could be a win-win situation for someone whose local dealer is asking a premium in excess of what this seller is offering. As to the two year wait though - sorry, but this vehicle is not in that big of a demand. My dealer could get me one in short order and was not asking over msrp either.
Southern California has the highest demand for AMG car's of any area if I can recall correctly. That being said, the demand here is larger than the supply. Dealerships try to milk people for these cars but the economy is not strong enough to justify the crazy pricing. Right now, sticker price is what an AMG car should sell for. The hottest AMG cars are going for sticker and the not so hot version are going for 500 bucks over cost. C55's are dead in the water and most large dealerships have 5-6 just sitting around.

Things are going well but 20k over window is a thing of the past and people trying to milk others will quickly learn that the ability to milk is gone.

Places outside southern californa and Florida have a far lower demand for AMG cars. I bet people are taking delivery for CLS55's at 500 off sticker in some areas.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
I think i can show you 2 quick reasons.....first is what i already said. Your post reflects on you, not the guy selling the car.

If you dont care, then here's a quote showing your character....you seem to relish when bad things happen to other people, no matter what the reason.

Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
hope your car never sells!

You wont make a buck I bet and I will sleep well knowing that

Have fun!

Anyway, hope you see the light. And i hope you have a better day.

T
Old 03-01-2005, 10:29 AM

Ebay is usually a good indicator of what the market Nationally will bear and they have cars going for between $5,000 and 10,000 over sticker. I'm sure there are isolated cases of folks getting the car at MSRP, but for the most part, "market price" is what you'll pay and that means premium over sticker. Now if people think they can get me a few at LESS than sticker, please let me know
Old 03-01-2005, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by Doctodd33
I think i can show you 2 quick reasons.....first is what i already said. Your post reflects on you, not the guy selling the car.

If you dont care, then here's a quote showing your character....you seem to relish when bad things happen to other people, no matter what the reason.

Anyway, hope you see the light. And i hope you have a better day.

T
Again I disagree completely. Your car was for sale at a reasonable price but the car being sold here is a base car. He said he wants to make some money and people trying to run around flipping cars for a profit are tacky.

If someone wants to give the car away for what they paid, that is fine but asking for a profit just because the car is a little new is nuts. This gives MB owners a bad name, creates a bad market for people trying to get the car at sticker and it makes people wait longer to get a car they could have had months sooner.

I had a great day yesterday and I think today will be equally as nice. This guy in question is a waste of time. You are not the one I am attacking and I honestly do not care if the man selling the CLS here thinks poorly of me... oh well.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by swisstrader
Ebay is usually a good indicator of what the market Nationally will bear and they have cars going for between $5,000 and 10,000 over sticker. I'm sure there are isolated cases of folks getting the car at MSRP, but for the most part, "market price" is what you'll pay and that means premium over sticker. Now if people think they can get me a few at LESS than sticker, please let me know

If cars in the major metro areas are selling at sticker the car is not worth 5-10k over. LA is a place of ultra high demand and people are getting them at sticker. Some fools may pay 5k over to be cool and special with the first one in town but thats just pointless.

Car is worth sticker at most. Feel free to pay more but thats just as smart as throwing money in a camp fire.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:57 PM

CynCarvin32[/COLOR]][/COLOR]If cars in the major metro areas are selling at sticker the car is not worth 5-10k over. LA is a place of ultra high demand and people are getting them at sticker. Some fools may pay 5k over to be cool and special with the first one in town but thats just pointless.

Car is worth sticker at most. Feel free to pay more but thats just as smart as throwing money in a camp fire

just to let you know i'm sleeping better than ever, and if you had any idea a bout car dealers , they'll tell you that they will get you a car soon just to take your deposit and take you off the market and stop calling other dealers...
plus they're making $8k-$10k on leasing the car in the back-end of the deal on the money factor. so thats $8k-$10k extra right there. so you wait few months and still paying over. between $180 to $250 amonth of your payment is going there...

this car is worth all the money and those who can really aford it don't mind steping up and spending the money. there are people who make 10k in one hour so whats important for them is time frame ... like those who paid $700.000 over MSRP for ENZO's and $400,000 over for SLR'S and so on

Last edited by omijio; 03-02-2005 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
If cars in the major metro areas are selling at sticker the car is not worth 5-10k over. LA is a place of ultra high demand and people are getting them at sticker. Some fools may pay 5k over to be cool and special with the first one in town but thats just pointless.

Car is worth sticker at most. Feel free to pay more but thats just as smart as throwing money in a camp fire.

if you knew cls 55 by knowing the msrp you would know that this is not a base car, it's loaded.

plus buying a $10k or a $1,000,000 boat is throwing money in a camp fire

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cls55 For Sale