Headlight issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2022, 02:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 E550 4Matic sold, 2015 CLS 550 sold, 2016 CLS 550
Headlight issue

Just picked up my new 2022 CLS 53 with all options. The premium package said it includes active multibeam and highbeam plus. I got home after 4 hour drive and noticed that it has the base model led headlights. No discount on the premium package on the build sheet either. I’m not happy as my 2016 cls had that feature and I loved it. Does anyone know if the proper ones can be ordered and replaced and the car programmed to recognize them? I’ve sent email to dealer to start the complaint process but I’m hoping they can order the parts and make it work. I don’t want a discount.
Old 12-30-2022, 11:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 E550 4Matic sold, 2015 CLS 550 sold, 2016 CLS 550
So apparently the dealership said that my car has the DP0 package (which has adaptive headlights omitted due to chip shortage) instead of the DP1. No mention of this while I am buying the car and no mention on the website. I am so pissed now. I’m sure this forum won’t see much action but if anyone smart knows if this can be plug and play resolved with some computer programming to acknowledge the change…let me know. Hopefully will serve as a warning to others at least.
Old 02-19-2023, 09:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2022 E53 Coupe
Originally Posted by Poomobile
So apparently the dealership said that my car has the DP0 package (which has adaptive headlights omitted due to chip shortage) instead of the DP1. No mention of this while I am buying the car and no mention on the website. I am so pissed now. I’m sure this forum won’t see much action but if anyone smart knows if this can be plug and play resolved with some computer programming to acknowledge the change…let me know. Hopefully will serve as a warning to others at least.
I just found out about this same issue. I have a 2022 E53 Coupe and noticed I didnt get the active multibeam but have other features of the premium package. My sales person is investigating the issue but chip shortage may be the answer after reading your post. The funny thing was that my premium package cost was $5900 instead of $6000 and I thought it might be that they omitted the kick open trunk option but then noticed I have that one. Could they have removed the active multibeam and only took off $100? I also dont think you can swap it out but please let me know what happens in your case.