Easy Entry/Exit (MB, ask Tesla how it works)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2023, 05:35 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
'20 CLS53, '16 GLE 400 4M (hers) '14 E350 4M (daughter's)
Easy Entry/Exit (MB, ask Tesla how it works)

2020 CLS53...Easy Entry/Exit (EEE) seems about worthless...unless the seat is about as close to the steering wheel as a stick figure could drive. There is very little movement with the feature activated, in fact, it is more a bug than a feature. Its especially annoying when our other car, the Tesla S, welcomes you into the car, sets everything to your specifications and basically asks about your day. I'll try and figure out what the module is reading...since my understanding is that the entire process was neutered because of US litigation concerns from rear seat passengers (note to MB...Tesla has rear seat passengers as well). So I'm thinking there is a rear stop limit sensor of some sort since the seat motors are being engaged and not some additional hardware. Perhaps I can figure out how to relocate that sensor without setting off the ejector seat function.

Until then, we can leave M1 set to Wife, change M2 from "Wife with coat" to "Wife's doting but annoyed husband" and M3 to "seat back and tray tables fully stowed for landing". Then remember to M3 to exit and M1/2 to enter. Good grief MB.