Just orderd my camber links...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cars and boats!
Just orderd my camber links...

Well, i got through to Jeff and my camber links are ordered... woot woot...

I'll let you all know how they are after i get them!!

265 wide tires + no camber = one hell of a holeshot!!!
Old 04-06-2005, 12:11 AM

BLACK 2005 SLK55 AMG,02 SILVER C32(SOLD),02 ML320 SILVER(Sold),99 S320 BLUE, 03 E500 Sport Pewter
what are the benefits of this besides saving tire life? is handling improved? im getting the kw coilovers on my c32 and was wondering if i really need to order these from jeff. thanks benzoAMGpower
Old 04-06-2005, 05:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
to get the camber kit from my understanding is the ability to adjust your rear camber more. so basically... move flexibility to tune your car to the way you want it to sit.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
Originally Posted by chitownc32
what are the benefits of this besides saving tire life? is handling improved? im getting the kw coilovers on my c32 and was wondering if i really need to order these from jeff. thanks benzoAMGpower
If you adjust the camber to 0 degrees then it will save the tire slightly on the inside edge but will handle worse. From my experience the rear tire will be bald across the entire surface long before the inside edge is corded. You obviously want better handling since you are installing the KW coilovers, so just leave the camber alone and it will save you money.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
Originally Posted by BenzoAMGpower

Don't forget for maximum holeshot to set the camber to 1 to 2 degrees of positive camber. This will compensate for the rear end squatting under load and making the tires more flat on launching. Or you could install a Ford 9" rear end for best drag launches.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz

yeeehaww

turning a AMG W203 into a LS1 camaro drag car!

woo woo
Old 04-06-2005, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
"Yea, woot woot, let me take my 3600lb sedan to the road coarse and let loose on all corners..yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa why is that civic passing me on turn 3....... damn, should have bought an M3 damnit!!!"

I dont do much racing at the autoX or road coarse but I do play the role of the weekend dragstrip warrior from time to time... If i wanted a car for the autoX or road coarse I would have bought something lighter and more nimble like an M3.

The C32 can seat 5, is roomy, has 4 doors, and ultra PIMP factor... performancewise, C32s advantage of having RWD, a drivetrain that hooks and can handle lots of power, and a supercharger so you can modulate throttle to get the car to hook makes it the car of choice for some drag racing. Now how many M3s can cut 1.9 60ft times consistantly on street tires and a slippery track.

Im also real tired of seeing my tires wear unevenly...its about time i did someting about it!!! Im not setting it at positive camber, im just making it so that my tires arent going to wear unevenly.

Last edited by BenzoAMGpower; 04-06-2005 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
Along with new 265 tires, my rear cambers were adjusted to -1.54 per MB.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
"Yea, woot woot, let me take my 3600lb sedan to the road coarse and let loose on all corners..yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa why is that civic passing me on turn 3....... damn, should have bought an M3 damnit!!!"

I dont do much racing at the autoX or road coarse but I do play the role of the weekend dragstrip warrior from time to time... If i wanted a car for the autoX or road coarse I would have bought something lighter and more nimble like an M3.

The C32 can seat 5, is roomy, has 4 doors, and ultra PIMP factor... performancewise, C32s advantage of having RWD, a drivetrain that hooks and can handle lots of power, and a supercharger so you can modulate throttle to get the car to hook makes it the car of choice for some drag racing. Now how many M3s can cut 1.9 60ft times consistantly on street tires and a slippery track.

Im also real tired of seeing my tires wear unevenly...its about time i did someting about it!!! Im not setting it at positive camber, im just making it so that my tires arent going to wear unevenly.
3650 lb. dry to be exact. wet with a driver its a whole lot porkier... get it right

does not stop the car from crushing just about anything we come across. last time we had the c32 at the streets of willow (in the rain) we had the fastest lap time of the day... not bad for that pig of a sedan. who needs 4wd.. just makes you push like a bus.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
300SEL
Originally Posted by Zeppelin
Don't forget for maximum holeshot to set the camber to 1 to 2 degrees of positive camber. This will compensate for the rear end squatting under load and making the tires more flat on launching. Or you could install a Ford 9" rear end for best drag launches.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
The C32 can seat 5, is roomy, has 4 doors, and ultra PIMP factor...
what is ultra pimp about a 4 door benz? it looks like a c230.

performancewise, C32s advantage of having RWD
how is rwd an advantage drag racing? a moderately tuned s4tt will walk all over you.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
3650 lb. dry to be exact. wet with a driver its a whole lot porkier... get it right

does not stop the car from crushing just about anything we come across. last time we had the c32 at the streets of willow (in the rain) we had the fastest lap time of the day... not bad for that pig of a sedan. who needs 4wd.. just makes you push like a bus.
but i think we can both agree though that in the hands of the equal driver an M3 would outhandle a C32.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by schwarzwagen

how is rwd an advantage drag racing? a moderately tuned s4tt will walk all over you.

stop looking at stock C32s and take a look at a tuned one... ill admit, even a C230 looks good, though looks are subjective, the majority of people here love the way the W203 looks... too bad the C230 lacks a M112K huh.

Also, RWD is an advantage over FWD and AWD at times... want me to post up a video of me holeshotting WRXs and Evos? BTW, my boy has a S4TT, he can definately launch a lot better then the average person...with a set of DRs, I will stick with him on his best launch. I have even stuck with him on my street tires before. BTW, look at the worlds fastest dragsters...they are RWD buddy!!
Old 04-06-2005, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
stop looking at stock C32s and take a look at a tuned one... ill admit, even a C230 looks good, though looks are subjective, the majority of people here love the way the W203 looks... too bad the C230 lacks a M112K huh.
most people are not going to notice a set of wheels, especially renntech's very conservative speedlines. i go to the track with smgc32 whenever i can, so i know what a mod'd c32 looks like thanks and what it can do. never-the-less, a mercedes sedan even with an amg bodykit is pretty low on the list of noticable cars.

Also, RWD is an advantage over FWD and AWD at times... want me to post up a video of me holeshotting WRXs and Evos? BTW, my boy has a S4TT, he can definately launch a lot better then the average person...with a set of DRs, I will stick with him on his best launch. I have even stuck with him on my street tires before. BTW, look at the worlds fastest dragsters...they are RWD buddy!!
the worlds fastest drag cars have too much power for a fwd system to handle. if they could realize fwd traction for a reasonable price, they would do it in a heartbeat.

i dont think you can do an 11.70 in the 1/4 mile and that's what my friend does with his s4tt.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz

are you nuts? lets see a C32 to a 11.70

S4's can do that .... seen it many times.

and there is no way a C32 can launch as well as that S4. this is crazy! 4 drag radials vs 2 street tires?

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 04-06-2005 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
are you nuts? lets see an C32 to a 11.70

S4's can do that .... seen in many times.

and there is no way a C32 can launch as well as that S4. this is crazy! 4 drag radials vs 2 street tires?
clearly he is confused.

with regard to the actual topic of this thread, zeppelin is correct. you want to run positive camber not 0 anyway. weight transfer = geometry change.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
you want to run positive camber not 0 anyway. weight transfer = geometry change.
you're talking about rear cambers right. it does make sense, but why MB set them to negative after I put lowering springs ?
are we talking about the same thing here ? sorry..
Old 04-06-2005, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
schwartz, you obviously havnt seen many tuned 203s.... and no, i dont just have a set of wheels!!! When i said with Drag radials, i meant me with drag radials!! Regarding the 11.7 S4, big whoopie, ever seen a C32 on nitrous pull those times? I have!! Whats the ratio of reliability b/w S4TT and C32 motors and how much does it cost to fix an M112K compared to an S4 motor? Whats the cost to mod an S4, whats the cost to mod a C32, especially for the younger crowd. Most people with C32s dont spend big money it takes to mod it into the 11s, instead if they had the money for so many mods, they'd buy an E55 instead. Some of the younger crowd spends lots of money on C32s but mostly into body/ICE mods, rather then performance. When an S4 is hitting 11s, the reliability goes down as well... if you knew people with Audis then you would know this. BTW, my main reason for the camber kit is to get even tire wear, it just so happens that I will have more tire surface on teh road instead which in turn will give me a better holeshot. Dont got knocking ppl until youve done research kiddos.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:44 PM

C32
i dont think you can do an 11.70 in the 1/4 mile and that's what my friend does with his s4tt.
With what mods? Ill bet that he has a engine back exhaust, larger fuel injectors, fuel pump, EM, bigger KKK turbos, stronger clutch, upgraded bypass valves, larger intercoolers, etc.

How many C32s have you seen with a larger SC, upgraded tranny, upgraded fuel system, better intercooler, etc. You havent, becasue there are no tuners that make kits for them yet. If they did you can be sure that there would be plenty of 11sec C32s.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
schwartz, you obviously havnt seen many tuned 203s.... and no, i dont just have a set of wheels!!! When i said with Drag radials, i meant me with drag radials!! Regarding the 11.7 S4, big whoopie, ever seen a C32 on nitrous pull those times? I have!! Whats the ratio of reliability b/w S4TT and C32 motors and how much does it cost to fix an M112K compared to an S4 motor? Whats the cost to mod an S4, whats the cost to mod a C32, especially for the younger crowd. Most people with C32s dont spend big money it takes to mod it into the 11s, instead if they had the money for so many mods, they'd buy an E55 instead. Some of the younger crowd spends lots of money on C32s but mostly into body/ICE mods, rather then performance. When an S4 is hitting 11s, the reliability goes down as well... if you knew people with Audis then you would know this. BTW, my main reason for the camber kit is to get even tire wear, it just so happens that I will have more tire surface on teh road instead which in turn will give me a better holeshot. Dont got knocking ppl until youve done research kiddos.
you did research? im really impressed.

find me a KO3 S4 that runs 11.7 and then we will see if its a big deal. K04 cars on the bottle can do it. Not many K03 cars are that fast.

Big whoop you know that the B5 S4's has a habbit of eating up turbo impellers. I wonder why Audi has pulled away from using turbos in their new S4 and RS4... maybe they got sick of warranty work.

All this talk about drag racing has be falling asleep. Back to work....

Watch who you call kidddooo ... kiddoo...
Old 04-06-2005, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by AaronC
With what mods? Ill bet that he has a engine back exhaust, larger fuel injectors, fuel pump, EM, bigger KKK turbos, stronger clutch, upgraded bypass valves, larger intercoolers, etc.

How many C32s have you seen with a larger SC, upgraded tranny, upgraded fuel system, better intercooler, etc. You havent, becasue there are no tuners that make kits for them yet. If they did you can be sure that there would be plenty of 11sec C32s.
Stock K03 turbos, Stock IC, Stock Tranny, Stock injectors,

the car did not make that much power -- more than a C32 but not 500 hp or anything close... not the type of figures you see in these tuner K04 cars
Old 04-06-2005, 10:38 PM

C32
Stock K03 turbos, Stock IC, Stock Tranny, Stock injectors,

the car did not make that much power -- more than a C32 but not 500 hp or anything close... not the type of figures you see in these tuner K04 cars
BS. A buddy of mine had an S4 setup like that and the best time he could get(with alot of practice) was a 13.1, and he nearly destroyed the clutch doing it.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:53 PM

2006 SLK 55 AMG
Originally Posted by 360_iti
Along with new 265 tires, my rear cambers were adjusted to -1.54 per MB.
How do you do that? I can barely get -0.58 with OEM camber bolts!! Is you car lowered? What size wheels do you have to accomodate 265?

JMC
Old 04-06-2005, 11:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!

So whats wrong with the looks of a C230 anyway? is it the price? people think the 300C look "pimp" but if its not over 100k is it not possible?

This kinda BS is funny, lets hear what people wanna call a moderately tuned S4. Because i have seen and knew people with "moderately" tuned S4tts that have not came close to the times Benzo has got with his C32.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
Originally Posted by jcanabal
How do you do that? I can barely get -0.58 with OEM camber bolts!! Is you car lowered? What size wheels do you have to accomodate 265? JMC
Well after i put lowering springs and new wheels, i brought my car to the dealer for camber adjustment and thats what they came up with.
i have 265/30/19 rear. see pic.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just orderd my camber links...