C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Going to Kleemann-ize my C55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BennyZ
There's a good stretch next to my house...pretty open and safe...
Can i try that stretch one of these days? We can even do some tests if you like.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
UPDATE - I finally put the deposit down. The car gets picked up early next week. Oh boy am I excited... I can hardly sleep.

Bennyz - you never did post any pictures of the RennTech s/c. We are all anxiously awaiting. If you don't mind, can you also post some pics of you dynograp, both with NOS and without? I'd like to see them for comparison purposes.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupč
TIC TOC TIC TOC TIC TOC

Excellent decision!!!!
Old 07-13-2005, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 AMG, 135i, 911 GT3, GLE43 AMG
WOW....really looking forward to your experience. You're going to turn a pretty fast car into a supercar eating beast!!

North44C55, are you tempted?.....
Old 07-13-2005, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupč
Originally Posted by PC Valkyrie
WOW....really looking forward to your experience. You're going to turn a pretty fast car into a supercar eating beast!!

North44C55, are you tempted?.....

Tempted yes. But as you know I am a big fan of NA vs SC
Old 07-13-2005, 11:03 PM

C63 / ////AMG
Originally Posted by dragonAMG
UPDATE - I finally put the deposit down. The car gets picked up early next week. Oh boy am I excited... I can hardly sleep. ;
Are you having it delivered to Kleemann USA in Colorado, or is it being modded locally? Damn, I wish I still lived in Vegas, so I could stop by and check it out when it's all done....
Old 07-14-2005, 12:11 AM

RENNTtech C55
UPDATE - I finally put the deposit down. The car gets picked up early next week. Oh boy am I excited... I can hardly sleep.

Bennyz - you never did post any pictures of the RennTech s/c. We are all anxiously awaiting. If you don't mind, can you also post some pics of you dynograp, both with NOS and without? I'd like to see them for comparison purposes.
Dragon,

sorry i've been a way from this forum for a while... I have tons of updates...

First of all i changed S/C on the car. Renntech created a special S/C with a modified intake manifold that is KILLER.
To put it in in simple terms:
The new S/C (nos off) is faster than the old S/C with NOS on! It is a joke how fast this car is now. I am actually scared to hit the NOS! It hurts your stomach!
I also added the rear brembo's - awesome.
I added clear side markers, increase the NOS to a 100 shot, and best of all -
the right side pillar (front windshield window) has three gauges:
boost gauge, oil temp gauage, and a NOS gauge - the car looks sick.
Don't mess with this Benz when you see it!
I also added an electonic switch to turn the NOS tank on (without having to go into the trunk) its all remote from the driver's seat.

Dragon - I'm telling you the car is sick.
I am currently out of town and i will retun next friday. I will post all the pictures that i have - the one's from the driver seat are the best with all the gauges - it looks like a race car.

I could'nt be happeir with renntech! they really came through.
and with all the changes i did not have the car dyno yet.
BUT, i've have many fast cars, and this one is a joke! (and i have yet to play with the juice)

This car/project is complete. (for now :v )
Good luck with the car and with kleenman. I will be in vegas at the end of August. Maybe i'll drive my car up! (it's good to have another crazy guy on board)

And to everyone out there - Meridian is back! And they are awesome! new owners.

Stay tuned! (I will start a new thread when I post the pictures!)

BennyZ
Old 07-14-2005, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dragon,

sorry i've been a way from this forum for a while... I have tons of updates...

First of all i changed S/C on the car. Renntech created a special S/C with a modified intake manifold that is KILLER.
To put it in in simple terms:
The new S/C (nos off) is faster than the old S/C with NOS on! It is a joke how fast this car is now. I am actually scared to hit the NOS! It hurts your stomach!
I also added the rear brembo's - awesome.
I added clear side markers, increase the NOS to a 100 shot, and best of all -
the right side pillar (front windshield window) has three gauges:
boost gauge, oil temp gauage, and a NOS gauge - the car looks sick.
Don't mess with this Benz when you see it!
I also added an electonic switch to turn the NOS tank on (without having to go into the trunk) its all remote from the driver's seat.

Dragon - I'm telling you the car is sick.
I am currently out of town and i will retun next friday. I will post all the pictures that i have - the one's from the driver seat are the best with all the gauges - it looks like a race car.

I could'nt be happeir with renntech! they really came through.
and with all the changes i did not have the car dyno yet.
BUT, i've have many fast cars, and this one is a joke! (and i have yet to play with the juice)

This car/project is complete. (for now :v )
Good luck with the car and with kleenman. I will be in vegas at the end of August. Maybe i'll drive my car up! (it's good to have another crazy guy on board)

And to everyone out there - Meridian is back! And they are awesome! new owners.

Stay tuned! (I will start a new thread when I post the pictures!)

BennyZ
Benny,

Very cool... That's awesome!!! My heart starting beating faster and faster while reading it. I can't wait to see the pics and the dyno. You'll have to tell me more about that intake. What makes is so great... why so much more power? Honestly, I don't know how your running 100shot with the s/c.. that's just insane!!! My hats off to you... I couldn't do. I would think I'd blow something.... GOOD FOR YOU!!! Do you have any plans to take it to the track? Some quarter mile stats would be killer.

If you decide to come to Vegas, bring your car. I'll have mine back by that time. It would be way cool to meet up.

Keep us posted w/ pics on everything. And you're right... it is good to have another crazy **** w/ a s/c'd C55!!! I also like that yours is Renntech and mine is Kleemann... we'll have to meet up and run one another.

Are you having it delivered to Kleemann USA in Colorado, or is it being modded locally? Damn, I wish I still lived in Vegas, so I could stop by and check it out when it's all done....
I'm sending it off to Kleemann USA in Colorado Springs, CO. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night sending it anywhere else. I couldn't spend 20k + on a car allowing a third party reseller to tune and build it... not saying that they aren't competent... I just feel 100 times better having Brandon and Cory at Kleemann USA build and tune the car.

Next time you're in Vegas hit me up... I'd be more than willing to "show" off the car.

Last edited by dragonAMG; 07-14-2005 at 01:00 AM.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:36 AM

RENNTtech C55
Benny,

Very cool... That's awesome!!! My heart starting beating faster and faster while reading it. I can't wait to see the pics and the dyno. You'll have to tell me more about that intake. What makes is so great... why so much more power? Honestly, I don't know how your running 100shot with the s/c.. that's just insane!!! My hats off to you... I couldn't do. I would think I'd blow something.... GOOD FOR YOU!!! Do you have any plans to take it to the track? Some quarter mile stats would be killer.

If you decide to come to Vegas, bring your car. I'll have mine back by that time. It would be way cool to meet up.

Keep us posted w/ pics on everything. And you're right... it is good to have another crazy **** w/ a s/c'd C55!!! I also like that yours is Renntech and mine is Kleemann... we'll have to meet up and run one another.

I'm sending it off to Kleemann USA in Colorado Springs, CO. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night sending it anywhere else. I couldn't spend 20k + on a car allowing a third party reseller to tune and build it... not saying that they aren't competent... I just feel 100 times better having Brandon and Cory at Kleemann USA build and tune the car.

Next time you're in Vegas hit me up... I'd be more than willing to "show" off the car.

Dragon,

The ols S/C was not sitting properly and i am almost sure that i am the first c55 that they tried fitting this on. So it was sittin right and the connection the the intake was not right. when i punched the car the connection to the air mass meter would come a part and the whole car would just die.

I honestly do not know what they did, but the new S/C is a monster. (it also eats up gas like crazy)

When i get back i will take it to the track and run some 1/4 miles... should be fun!!!!!

Stay tuned next friday!

BennyZ
Old 07-14-2005, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
hey benny, can you post pictures of your car?? i want to see it sooooo bad!! espcially the engine shots. =)
Old 07-14-2005, 10:17 PM

ML350 '06
Wow! I'm anxious for ya DragonAMG! If you don't mind me asking, is it a significant amount for your car to be taken to Colorado for tuning? Or is this part of their package?

Bennyz:
When you take your car to the track, please try to have someone video it! I'd love to see it in action. Of course, a race between you and Dragon would be great to see too!

Nick
Old 07-14-2005, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Nickerz
Wow! I'm anxious for ya DragonAMG! If you don't mind me asking, is it a significant amount for your car to be taken to Colorado for tuning? Or is this part of their package?
Thanks.... To answer your question, it's in the package, so I'm not really sure. It's traveling via an enclosed carrier.

Originally Posted by Nickerz
When you take your car to the track, please try to have someone video it! I'd love to see it in action. Of course, a race between you and Dragon would be great to see too!
Nick
A video of a race between Benny and I would definitely be cool. Renntech C55 vs. Kleemann 55S7! If that thread didn't make the "sticky" rooster, I don't know what would.

Last edited by dragonAMG; 07-14-2005 at 10:35 PM.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Hey i'm thinking to do the same, i just traded my 05 E55 for the new ml, due to the baby is on the way,im going to buy a 2nd car for me to keep, and I wanted to go with the P Turbo but after sitting in it i dont want it anymore, its very uncomfortable for me, so I decided to get slightly used C55 and Kleeminize it, so hopefully by the end of the year, i'm gonna join the Kleemann 590 hp club !!

Now i wanna see whats Dragons AMG will push!

I also have a question, I know E55 suffers from the heat problem, i expirienced it myself, do you think Kleemann supercharger will suffer from heat too?
Old 07-15-2005, 02:07 AM

Sick, but the Kleemen is not worth it IMO, way overpriced same as Brabus, I would go with RENNtech and be just as happy, if not happier. I think you people are comparing it to the wrong cars, the DB9 and 612 would not be competiton for the C55 even if it did 0-60 in .0000003 of a second with 0 wheel spin, the cars are in a different league. The Murcielago when properly driven and launched extremly hard will do the 1/4 in about 11.5-11.6 1/2. I think the C55 when supercharged is great, but you cannot be comparing it to super cars and other highline entry level exotic cars, just because performance is equal.

<-- Wants a RENNtech Black/Black C55 with Nav, Bi-xenons, Monolights, RENNtech brake package, Headers, Exaust, Rear badge and 30% Tints all around.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:09 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
=
The new S/C (nos off) is faster than the old S/C with NOS on!

OMG! that is crazy!!!! so how much HP are they claiming on the new S/C?
Old 07-15-2005, 08:54 AM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by Fr0zen
Sick, but the Kleemen is not worth it IMO, way overpriced same as Brabus, I would go with RENNtech and be just as happy, if not happier.
Kleemann and Brabus way overpriced? Which/what part of RennTech are you comparing this too that made you say those 2 other companies are way over priced?
Old 07-15-2005, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JamE55
Kleemann and Brabus way overpriced? Which/what part of RennTech are you comparing this too that made you say those 2 other companies are way over priced?
That's exactly what I was thinking?!?!?!

And to be quite honest with you, even if Kleemann was more expensive than Renntech, I would still go with Kleemann. I spent over 4 months discussing this setup and various options with Brandon (director at Kleemann USA), without a $$$ commitment. If that doesn't demonstrate their above and beyond dedication to customer service and willingess to educate a potential customer, I don't know what does.

With that being said, I'm not scheduled to get me car back until early August, so I cannot comment on the result as of yet. But, I have 110% confidence that it will exceed my expectations!!!!
Old 07-15-2005, 10:20 AM
Out Of Control!

That's exactly what I was thinking?!?!?!

And to be quite honest with you, even if Kleemann was more expensive than Renntech, I would still go with Kleemann. I spent over 4 months discussing this setup and various options with Brandon (director at Kleemann USA), without a $$$ commitment. If that doesn't demonstrate their above and beyond dedication to customer service and willingess to educate a potential customer, I don't know what does.

With that being said, I'm not scheduled to get me car back until early August, so I cannot comment on the result as of yet. But, I have 110% confidence that it will exceed my expectations!!!!
I've dealth with both Brandon and Cory and their customer service of answering my questions about their products are simply top notch. Why early august? Are the parts constrained or something or what? Keep us posted!
Old 07-15-2005, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JamE55
I've dealth with both Brandon and Cory and their customer service of answering my questions about their products are simply top notch. Why early august? Are the parts constrained or something or what? Keep us posted!
It's basically a 3 week turn around... 1 week delivery, 1 week install, 1 week delivery back. That puts me in early August.

I will definitely keep eveyone posted.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:23 AM
Out Of Control!

It's basically a 3 week turn around... 1 week delivery, 1 week install, 1 week delivery back. That puts me in early August.

I will definitely keep eveyone posted.
I see. Pls take pics and vids!
Old 07-15-2005, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
I know E55 suffers from the engine heat problem, i expirienced it myself with my e55, do you think Kleemann superchargered C55 will suffer from heat too?
Old 07-15-2005, 12:41 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by BoBcanada
I know E55 suffers from the engine heat problem, i expirienced it myself with my e55, do you think Kleemann superchargered C55 will suffer from heat too?
I've talked to Evosport about this and they said no. Reason is because on the W211 E55 they're running a higher boost than the N/A ones with the kleemann s/c on it. I've also inquired about a cooling package kit but they said you don't need it. W210 N/A with a kleemann s/c runs a little less boost so no heat problem.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Fr0zen
I think the C55 when supercharged is great, but you cannot be comparing it to super cars and other highline entry level exotic cars, just because performance is equal.
Possibly the dumbest statement on the internet to date.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 05C55
Possibly the dumbest statement on the internet to date.
I second that.

Frozen - I take it you are referring to the Car and Driver article that said, "To put the 55S8 in the same league as the DB9 and 612 would be an insult—to which one we're not really sure."

I suggest that you re-read it a couple of times until you understand and fully comprehend the underlying message there.

Last edited by dragonAMG; 07-15-2005 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:46 PM

You are right I really did not read thru the thread all that much, so my statement about comparing to supercars was off. I think Kleemen and Brabus is overpriced great tuners YES!, RENNtech seems to be slightly less expensive and seems to offer a better bang for the buck. I love KLEEmen and Brabus, but justifing 10k on brakes alone in a 60k car is a rip off. For the 99K that the C55 Kleemen is worth, I would rather get a used Porsche Turbo and throw some mods into it and have a far better car in every way, except for the bigger back seat. I love BENZ and AMG's, but this entry level Benz is to much!

Last edited by Mr.PS; 07-15-2005 at 06:53 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Going to Kleemann-ize my C55