C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Powerchip?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CLS55
Ecu

Whats the cost of the Kleeman ECU upgrade and what kind of gains can be expected.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by otoupalik
FYI, here is a thread started today in another forum.... (I am sure this was prompted by this thread):
https://mbworld.org/forums/clk55-amg-clk63-amg-w208-w209/113034-stay-away-eurorev.html

Thanks,
Brad
Yep I know Mario.He called me up here in NYC and told me the whole story.

Brad, are you saying that BrabusW203 purchased his chip from Eurorev or did he say that? I'm confused! I heard the same complaints from another C55 w203 owner and I assumed they purchased their chips from powerchip.

Here are some threads:

1.Powerchip gave refund as promised on this one -

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ight=powerchip

2.Eurorev screws Mario-

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ight=powerchip

Powerchip apparently does give refunds if your not happy.I wonder who Brabusw203 bought his chip from!
Old 07-07-2005, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
He specifically told me he bought it from Eurorev, yet still he will not come to the realization that he was not sold Powerchip. This is no assumption; he gave me all the specifics.

It is clear that what he had was NOT Powerchip, but some stolen half code that originated at Powerchip and was not the same thing.

Sad that he cannot admit it publicly, and now he is no where to be found.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 07-07-2005, 06:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

He specifically told me he bought it from Eurorev, yet still he will not come to the realization that he was not sold Powerchip. This is no assumption; he gave me all the specifics.

It is clear that what he had was NOT Powerchip, but some stolen half code that originated at Powerchip and was not the same thing.

Sad that he cannot admit it publicly, and now he is no where to be found.

Thanks,
Brad
So you ban him! Clearly he bought the chip from Eurorev advertising it as a powerchip and had no idea that fraud was being committed. He does'nt deserve to be banned for making a mistake unless he was intentionally trying to harm the POWERCHIP rep.Clearly Brabusw203 was unaware and he was just stating the results of wha he thought was a powerchip product sold thru Eurorev..IMOP. Yes I did edit this!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 07-07-2005 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:10 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
You have been asked to substantiate this claim, and have yet to do so. Powerchip says this is not true.

If you want ot remain here, you need to prove your "facts." If you cannto you will be banned.

From your numerous posts it seems clear that you have a "grudge" or an "agenda." This board will not be used for personal issues as this. You are skewing the good information that the 25,000+ enthusiasts here registered to see.

You are on probation pending your ability to prove your side.

You stated you would PM me last week and have yet to do so, I highly recommend you do this.

Thanks,
Brad

PS - Powerchip (through them or through us) offers a 30 day money bakc guarantee. There are significant gains with the 55 motor, and nobody should be afraid to tune the car. It is the easiest mod to the car and is 100% reversable at any time.
personally, I find Alan/BrabusW203's temp banning to be totally unfair as he was simply stating his experience with a product not even from you guys. He even paid respect to the policy that you guys does not allow the non sponsor's name to be mentioned on the site. Why the ban? He did not knock on what you guys sold or mentioning any names or the non-sponsor.

you say you support all factual based information, yet you banned him for giving the information that he "thought" it was the actual Powerchip product. seems to me, you guys just don't want anyone to come on here and talk about the "bad" experiences when it has anything to do with the product you guys sell. btw, this reminded me of how you guys dealt with Terry who only mentioned where he got his stuff from because another member asked him if i remember correctly, yet he was banned.

i'm afraid if I mention where I got my spacers done for the wheels when people ask me I would get banned too.

Last edited by FrankW; 07-07-2005 at 06:14 AM.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:16 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
He wasn't temp banned, he's just put on probation.

Edit: too drunk to spell correctly.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:17 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
He wasn't temp banned, he's just put on probation.

Edit: too drunk to spell correctly.
which ever, my opinion stands. i'm pretty sure a lot of people also feel this way.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:30 AM
Out Of Control!!

Here's the deal though, you can tell everyone in the world where you got your spacers from (Lorinser right?) and you won't get banned because you're not trash talking it, falsely.

All Brad is trying to do is help him out, it's a good thing, I just think a lot of folks are viewing it in a bad manner because BrabusW203 is a good member who just got the wrong end of the stick. We all know he was just trying to help others out, but it's hard to do that without the right facts, which Brad told him to provide. When BrabusW203 did that, it was discovered that EuroRev was selling pirated copies of the Powerchip software.

mbWorld needs sponsers to survive, and those sponsers pay big bucks to get exclusive advertising here, it's just a way to respect them and honoring the fact that they are shelling out money, it's a lot less then just Evosport versus other companies. Trust me, the administrators don't mix the fact that just because they have their own shop they could have free advertising reign.

Besides, look at all the other competitors on the forum that advertise, it's just a tug o war game. What Brad did was good; he helped keep Powerchip's standing in a positive light for other forum members.

Would you like it if someone said that Mercedes' were all pieces of ****, only to find out if the guy clowning your car drove one of those Chinese Chery copies? :p
Old 07-07-2005, 06:38 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
I drive one and I'm saying MBs are pretty ****ty made these days.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:39 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by FrankW
I drive one and I'm saying MBs are pretty ****ty made these days.
But your claim is true. It can be backed up. You have a C32 and I'm sure you've driven other Mercedes' as well.

BrabusW203 saying that Powerchip doesn't meet their claims wasn't, because he didn't have a Powerchip.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:50 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
But your claim is true. It can be backed up. You have a C32 and I'm sure you've driven other Mercedes' as well.

BrabusW203 saying that Powerchip doesn't meet their claims wasn't, because he didn't have a Powerchip.
the point is he obviously did not know what he had was not actual Powerchip before it was shown in the link Brad later on provided after he had already sounded very hostile and protective about the product that they carry and have threaten to ban BrabusW203.

it is very interesting that the very few times I've seen Brad posts has been issues that dealt with products that they strongly suggest people do and posts only when there are people doubting such product.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:56 AM
Out Of Control!!

I see where you're coming from, but you're disregarding the fact that BrabusW203 had already been previously contacted / asked to prove his claims.

Originally Posted by frank
it is very interesting that the very few times I've seen Brad posts has been issues that dealt with products that they strongly suggest people do and posts only when there are people doubting such product.
Originally Posted by brad
I welcome ALL factual based opinion. Simply stating fact that is disparaging without proof is not allowed. Sorry. This is not a democracy, it is a private owned board, and it is our right to control information as we see fit. And the only control we live by is that truth and fact are allowed - BS and lies are not - PERIOD.
It's all about keeping the truth from becoming tarnished. If you see any place where this isn't happening, tell me, I'd love to see.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:04 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
I see where you're coming from, but you're disregarding the fact that BrabusW203 had already been previously contacted / asked to prove his claims.

It's all about keeping the truth from becoming tarnished. If you see any place where this isn't happening, tell me, I'd love to see.
I just bought the Greenfilter from Neal and waiting for it to be shipped instead of going to Evosport locally where I can get there and get home in about 1hr drive. I think this says enough about how I feel about their business until I'm in need for some pulley kit. the evosport = right, everyone else have a different say = wrong is getting old, but hey, i'm just a student with no connection with anyone.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

Haha, good luck getting the kit from Neal

Come on man, you know that's not how I work.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Founder

LOL - you guys are funny.

W203Brabus was given a LOT of time to provide proof, he did not. The only way I got his attention was with a probation - NOT A BAN. Since then, he got me the information. I helped him privately see who was at fault and who he should try to get a refund from. However, now he is nowhere to be found.

Intentional or not, he bashed Powerchip in MULTIPLE threads without factual basis. Now that he knows the truth, is he recanting, nope! That speaks volumes. He went out of his way to make it known that he disliked a company that it turns out did not even sell him anything or do him any wrong. And he cannot even apologize? That is the joke.

Personally, I don't want people like that on this board, and if you think that he is the harmless victim, get real. He victimized Powerchip and is offering them no compensation. Powerchip should sue him for libel and slander as far as I am concerned, he has materially cost them money.

However, this whole issue has nothing to due with evosport. It has to do with the integrity of this board. It is not public, it is a privately owned board. We get to set the rules. And one rule we live and die by is that the truth is allowed, lies are not. Just because you do not know you are behind dishonest is no excuse. If you are going to go after another member or a good company, then you better have support.

Going after people that make their living selling good products without any factual support is NOT allowed - PERIOD. Frank, you may be a student, but one day you will be in business. Well, the Powerchip people are in business now. They are not just enthusiasts here for fun, they pay their mortgage with sales of high quality products. That is a bit different then the anonymous people here that have no financial interest. If you cannot see the big picture, then there is nothing more I can say on this.

Frank, you make comments like you know all the facts about the correspondence between Alan and myself on this issue. You know like 10%. Yet you feel entitled to make large sweeping statements as if you are filled in on 100%. Think about that.

Now, Frank, again, if you don't like this board, you have three choices:

1. Step up and try to make it a better place. That means proactive and productive work to better the forum. Many people do this in different ways, Ricky is one.

2. Leave. Simple as that.

3. Just do nothing and keep complaining that you don't like this or that. Pretty pathetic really, but a lot seem to take this approach to life, politics, etc.

You make the choice!

Thanks,
Brad
Old 07-07-2005, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well there it is!!! Where's brabusw203?He has not come back
Old 07-07-2005, 09:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by FrankW
I just bought the Greenfilter from Neal and waiting for it to be shipped instead of going to Evosport locally where I can get there and get home in about 1hr drive. I think this says enough about how I feel about their business until I'm in need for some pulley kit. the evosport = right, everyone else have a different say = wrong is getting old, but hey, i'm just a student with no connection with anyone.

There on their way!
Old 07-08-2005, 06:14 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
wow, we're now talking about how to run a business now?? wth's this got to do with running a business? I helped and watched my brother started his own computer related E-business, so don't think as a business student knows nothing on this topic.

all I was saying he didn't know he wasn't using powerchip and he was only expressing his experience about the chip under the condition that he didn't know it wasn't real Powerchip. So what he doesn't like Powerchip? Do you think people care if they really done the research? it's like saying "Moven sucks get some real rims." People can choose to take or ignore such comment and make their own decision. IMO leave them be. If you guys don't care about people talking about Moven or Axis why stepping in when people are talking about Powerchip??? So what it's only 10% of the information that I know? I was commenting base on this thread. You say that this issue has nothing to do with evosport then why are you showing such haste and worry about people talking about Powerchip? I'm not sure if this is just me, but it seems obvious that you are defending Powerchip because you guys are the reseller of Powerchip. You wouldn't possibly done the same if some other ECU modification company where the subject of this thread.

rofl if you really think this is complaining instead of telling the truth like it is.

LOL - you guys are funny.

W203Brabus was given a LOT of time to provide proof, he did not. The only way I got his attention was with a probation - NOT A BAN. Since then, he got me the information. I helped him privately see who was at fault and who he should try to get a refund from. However, now he is nowhere to be found.

Intentional or not, he bashed Powerchip in MULTIPLE threads without factual basis. Now that he knows the truth, is he recanting, nope! That speaks volumes. He went out of his way to make it known that he disliked a company that it turns out did not even sell him anything or do him any wrong. And he cannot even apologize? That is the joke.

Personally, I don't want people like that on this board, and if you think that he is the harmless victim, get real. He victimized Powerchip and is offering them no compensation. Powerchip should sue him for libel and slander as far as I am concerned, he has materially cost them money.

However, this whole issue has nothing to due with evosport. It has to do with the integrity of this board. It is not public, it is a privately owned board. We get to set the rules. And one rule we live and die by is that the truth is allowed, lies are not. Just because you do not know you are behind dishonest is no excuse. If you are going to go after another member or a good company, then you better have support.

Going after people that make their living selling good products without any factual support is NOT allowed - PERIOD. Frank, you may be a student, but one day you will be in business. Well, the Powerchip people are in business now. They are not just

enthusiasts here for fun, they pay their mortgage with sales of high quality products. That is a bit different then the anonymous people here that have no financial interest. If you cannot see the big picture, then there is nothing more I can say on this.

Frank, you make comments like you know all the facts about the correspondence between Alan and myself on this issue. You know like 10%. Yet you feel entitled to make large sweeping statements as if you are filled in on 100%. Think about that.

Now, Frank, again, if you don't like this board, you have three choices:

1. Step up and try to make it a better place. That means proactive and productive work to better the forum. Many people do this in different ways, Ricky is one.

2. Leave. Simple as that.

3. Just do nothing and keep complaining that you don't like this or that. Pretty pathetic really, but a lot seem to take this approach to life, politics, etc.

You make the choice!

Thanks,
Brad

Last edited by FrankW; 07-08-2005 at 06:37 AM.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Founder

You are realy missing the point, so I will leave it alone after this.

The difference is that he was saying things that are NOT true - period! Mix that with the fact that he sought out multiple forums and threads to disparage them.

Usign your anology, if he would have said, I used X-brand wheels, and they failed, causing me a loss of money, and we found out he had a different brand wheel, the same result would have occured. What he has done is slander and libel a good company, and that is not allowed.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 07-14-2005, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You are realy missing the point, so I will leave it alone after this.

The difference is that he was saying things that are NOT true - period! Mix that with the fact that he sought out multiple forums and threads to disparage them.

Usign your anology, if he would have said, I used X-brand wheels, and they failed, causing me a loss of money, and we found out he had a different brand wheel, the same result would have occured. What he has done is slander and libel a good company, and that is not allowed.

Thanks,
Brad
Well it's unfortunate that he only found out about what chip he was using only after he spoke to you.So I can pretty much understand your point.I guess the thing that sparked this debate is that he got probation and I hear your reasonings.Obviuously it was not a Powerchip that he was using and he mistakeingly used the forum to express his opinion about Powerchips product..On the other side of the coin I can understand Evosports issue on what had ocurred.People make mistakes so I guess the probation was considered a warning.Lesson: Can't accuse anyone of doing something they did'nt do, it can ruin their reputation if it's false.

Last edited by ProjectC55; 07-14-2005 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 325i
I don't see what the big deal is about him being "on probation". He can still post to any thread he wants, but he hasn't done so. I believe the only feature he can't use is PM other people.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Founder

You both make good points. Yes, you should always know you are correct when going after a company or member. That is not just a rule, but good common sense. Also, the probation does not hinder use of this board, it was a tool used to get someone to respond who would not other do so otherwise.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 07-15-2005, 12:30 AM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
Originally Posted by coolcarlskiC43
You're being pretty general there.I get pretty good gas mileage on my 99 M3 ,made it from NYC to Martha's vineyard Mass.,with less than 3/4 but a lil more than 1/2 of a tank of gas pushing 80 -100 mphavg 80-85moh. 240 miles.My car also has a Dinan chip.16 gallon tank.How many miles per gallon at those speeds I mentioned would that be?Sounds like about 24-26 mpg highwy to me. If I'm wrng please correct me!
just to make the comparison as well with the E46, i drove my cousins 04' M3 from my house in Plainview, Long Island to his house in east hampton (roughly 80 miles) and averaged 23.7 mpg to the end of the LIE cruising between 75 and 85 mph. didn't reset it when i got off the LIE though to see what the city mpg would roughly be. he has a manual tranny. i love that car, especially the suspension. it's ridiculous the turns that car can make
Old 07-15-2005, 12:32 AM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
i looked into getting the powerchip for my C230k but got some bad feedback as well from others. heard good things about renntech and i'm doing their stage 2 kit this winter
Old 11-16-2005, 06:43 PM
Almost a Member!

Interesting Discussion

You both make good points. Yes, you should always know you are correct when going after a company or member. That is not just a rule, but good common sense. Also, the probation does not hinder use of this board, it was a tool used to get someone to respond who would not other do so otherwise.

Thanks,
Brad
I have joined many other forums and was involved more so in Audiworld.com because I owned two Audis and mod the A6 2.7 extensively. I have to say that that and this forum along with Audizine.com are probably some of the best public forums out there and I thoroughly enjoyed it so far.
However, I have never seen an administrator gets so involved in the discussions with members. Yes, I have seen others talk sh*t about companies like iForged's bad quality and customer service and bad business practices without any problems but usually there are something to back it up with what sounds like an acutal cases.
In this case of slandering about Powerchip sounds a bit fishy and non factual; however, it is also fishy to me that there are many other non-fact claims in this forum that were never paid attention to. So to be honest, there in the back of my mind I am thinking there must some affliation with Powerchip with this forum and that should be disclosed just to be fair. The moderators and other administors are running this as a business and as a business, the goal is to profit or benefit from this so all affliation. Then it would make sense to protect your sponsor or your clients if something isn't factual.

Personally, I think this forum just do not want to hurt any possible clients' reputation and that is just fine with me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Powerchip?