MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203-48/)
-   -   C32 M.A.F Sensor? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/115474-c32-m-f-sensor.html)

Trekman 07-29-2005 02:36 PM

C32 M.A.F Sensor?

does A c32 have a MAF sensor? I replaced my air filter and my check engine light came on.

AMGod 07-29-2005 03:19 PM

Was it an oiled foam or cotton aftermarket filter? :)

Trekman 07-29-2005 03:48 PM

cotton filter

Vadim @ evosport 07-29-2005 06:25 PM

C32 does not have MAF. It uses MAP, TP and AIT sensors to calculate air flow.

Most likely your CE is not related to you changing air filters. If you can get a hold of OBDII scanner, read the codes and see what they say.

P.S. Check vacuum lines going to "brass" valves under the front covers. Those get knocked off occasionally.

AMGod 07-29-2005 07:58 PM

There is always the battery disconnect reset. That way your ECM can relearn the airflow inputs and recal to your new driving style. ;)

Trekman 07-29-2005 09:47 PM

Thanks guys.... I found the problem when I was putting the filter on the seal was not on properly and was causing air to leak in. I fixed it and disconected the battery and drove the car hard again..... no more engine light error, I will drive it around more to make sure

Expat 07-30-2005 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Trekman
Thanks guys.... I found the problem when I was putting the filter on the seal was not on properly and was causing air to leak in. I fixed it and disconected the battery and drove the car hard again..... no more engine light error, I will drive it around more to make sure

Are these the green filters you were thinking of getting?
If so, do you notice any difference?
Thanks

Trekman 07-30-2005 01:03 PM

no they are not the green filters, they are on back order I will get them soon. I just cleaned the airbox and kinda cleaned the old filters the car ran better, my old filters were cloged.

Expat 07-30-2005 01:39 PM

no they are not the green filters, they are on back order I will get them soon. I just cleaned the airbox and kinda cleaned the old filters the car ran better, my old filters were cloged.

Cool

Trekman 08-05-2005 01:02 AM

well got a scanner and pulled this engine error code P0410 secondary air injection system malfunction. i feel the supercharger working, does anyone have a clue?

AMGod 08-05-2005 02:29 PM

well got a scanner and pulled this engine error code P0410 secondary air injection system malfunction. i feel the supercharger working, does anyone have a clue?

Just a stab in the dark, but there is a vacuum line on the driver side under the airbox that easily becomes disconnected. I believe this may be part of the emissions check system. Mine came of and it through a code that I reset via battery. I zip tied it on and no more code. Hope this is by some small chance helpful. :)

Trekman 08-05-2005 03:32 PM

Bad relay.... on the secondary air pump. hope that the pump didnt get fried. :mad: Ohh relay was made by tyco P.O.S

c32used 12-06-2006 01:38 PM

I have the same issue after I put in some green filters and now my engine light is on I will try to see if ecu reset via dissconnecting battery works. I found out the previous owner installed k&n filters so I now have both.

Vadim @ FD 12-06-2006 01:53 PM

C32 does not have MAF. It uses MAP, TP and AIT sensors to calculate air flow.

Most likely your CE is not related to you changing air filters. If you can get a hold of OBDII scanner, read the codes and see what they say.

P.S. Check vacuum lines going to "brass" valves under the front covers. Those get knocked off occasionally.
A scanner will provide you with answers.

c32used 12-06-2006 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Vadim @ MBLN (Post 1873960)
A scanner will provide you with answers.

Gonna use AMG Jerry's scanner this weekend maybe friday.

c32jet 09-20-2015 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by AMGod (Post 1226187)
Just a stab in the dark, but there is a vacuum line on the driver side under the airbox that easily becomes disconnected. I believe this may be part of the emissions check system. Mine came of and it through a code that I reset via battery. I zip tied it on and no more code. Hope this is by some small chance helpful. :)

Any one have a pic of this vacuum line under the driver side airbox? I have a bit of a rough idle now that I have replaced my engine mounts and figure I may have kinked a vacuum line somewhere... thanks.