C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Dms Automotive Claim?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dms Automotive Claim?????

UK based DMS AUTOMOTIVE claim they can take a stock C32 from 354 bhp to 389 bhp and torque from 332 to 352 ft/lbs with ECU re-programming alone!
Sound to good to be true?

UK dealer for Kleemann only claim a 15-20 bhp gain with ECU re-programming on its own. Of course Kleemann has got the Pulley kit but at alomost 3000£ = 6500$ its quite expensive here in the UK!

Any thoughts gentlemen?
Old 08-05-2005, 09:17 PM

Obsidian E55
DMS are very well known to us here in the uk, i dont think our friends across the pond actually know or even heard of them.

A friend of mine has done business with dms on several occasions and is very pleased with them.

From what i recall they can also do a gearbox upgrade via software, basically they claim you get better gear changes/hangs longer.
Have you spoke to dms about the figures you have posted 354/389 it does sound a bit ott in my opinion.

Maybe ill give them a call to, even better im getting my 32 on a rolling road soon so what i might do is perform a before & after comparison, and if its no were near there claimed figures ill ask for a refund.

BTW were you located in the uk ??
Old 08-08-2005, 10:27 AM

Yes I am based in the UK

The info I've got is the reply I got from DMS when I asked them about ECU re-mapping on my C32. Andy, you're right when you say that DMS have got a name in the UK but nevertheless the claim seems a bit excessive.

If you plan to have the work done by DMS anytime soon I'd be very interested in hearing the outcome of the DYNO.

Thanks