C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Pissed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 11:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This thread is so funny. Go back and search the early 2003 threads on the same subject which talk about how MB's will hold their value better than BMW and Audi. Some of us predicted correctly. I guess like all "exotics", the C32 is worth half of its original price after two and a half years, and I suppose the same fate will be had for the C55. Too many produced and not unique like the original C36, which was full of innovation and much more expensive to produce "off line" than the rest of the model line.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350 SP / Honda Crosstour / prior vehicles - C32 modded / C300 modded / Lincoln LS modded
C32 value vs. M3

I think its shear popularity of the M3 vs the c32. Not many people regonize the amg brand any different than a plain mercedes. But for some reason a vast majoity of people know the difference between a regualr 3 series and an M3. Marketing. BMW also has more reliabilty and value awards now. And an M3 looks like a hoped up 3 series, the c32 looks just like the c class. very hard to tell the difference. I just got an 03 m3 smg. its has 28,000 miles my c32 has 30,000. The c32 fetches 4 to 5 k less.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG Black on Carlsson 1/6 EVO
C32 trade in value is very sad. It's not even worth trading the car in. Sometimes it better to buy a benz use.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
Quit crying, gezzus christ, you guys drive BNZ's they go down like any other car. Just cause it's AMG does not mean much.
Mine was appraised at 36 after 2.5 years and 25K miles.
Thats down 14K in 2 years. Not to bad.
Try getting a 120K car and see how that feels.
They go down 40K in 2.5 years.
It's all relative.
If you are a broke ***, get used BNZ's next time.
Hello, we dirve C CLASSES.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by evanswan
I think its shear popularity of the M3 vs the c32. Not many people regonize the amg brand any different than a plain mercedes. But for some reason a vast majoity of people know the difference between a regualr 3 series and an M3. Marketing. BMW also has more reliabilty and value awards now. And an M3 looks like a hoped up 3 series, the c32 looks just like the c class. very hard to tell the difference. I just got an 03 m3 smg. its has 28,000 miles my c32 has 30,000. The c32 fetches 4 to 5 k less.
Wait till the new M comes out and the same thing will happen to the old M car. Look at when the E36M3 was outdated by the E46M3
Plus M's are more popular with younger kids, some kids think my BNZ is an 80K car.
They don't even try to get into them, they think BMW's are more affordable.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:44 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
the cost of a used e36 M3 is about the same as the cost of the C43 AMG. I'm pretty sure as soon as the E90 M3 hits the market, the E46 M3 resale will go down the drain too. The only reason the E46 M3 is holding it's value is because they are much more well known by buyers where the AMG are rarely known by regular car buyers.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by FrankW
the cost of a used e36 M3 is about the same as the cost of the C43 AMG. I'm pretty sure as soon as the E90 M3 hits the market, the E46 M3 resale will go down the drain too. The only reason the E46 M3 is holding it's value is because they are much more well known by buyers where the AMG are rarely known by regular car buyers.
There ya go kids, quite panicing. Frank said it, it's TRUE
Old 08-24-2005, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E550 4Matic, 2002 M3 Vert
Originally Posted by FrankW
Verbatim to my statement. I totally agree.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:58 PM

C63 / ////AMG
Originally Posted by Vader13
Wait till the new M comes out and the same thing will happen to the old M car. Look at when the E36M3 was outdated by the E46M3
Plus M's are more popular with younger kids, some kids think my BNZ is an 80K car.
They don't even try to get into them, they think BMW's are more affordable.
Yea, and those same dumb kids still pay over sticker for a new M3....
Old 08-24-2005, 08:05 PM

AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
Originally Posted by derrick_lui
C55 values are falling fast as well!

life aint fair.....
M3 ppl not only are c o c ky (some)...
not only their names are well feared (hate it when ppl say "yea...heard M3s are so fast...btw..whats a C32?? Amg..huh?")..........

but they dont lose as much money as we do!!!!
Sorry for off the subject but I was wondering how you like the Green Filters and if you noticed anything good or bad.
Thank you
Mario
Old 04-13-2007, 04:52 PM
PSB

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
resale

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 more cents;
1st; for me is after driving and owning cars for over 37 years and still a Vintage Racer on the track. and have Raced a 16 W201M.B. and owned more than a few M.B Cars
I can only say its true disappointment with AMG in its newer cars.
I cant even start with it.
1st yes there fast and pull well . Shame on them for all the driver aids!
BIG SHAME On Them for No Posi or limited slip. I don not want to hear its a elec. locker. Thats B. S.
AMG should be like the other sides M cars as far as performance. A switch that turns off the drivers aids. then you could power out of turns and have safe fun with a Perf car. Not a Pozer car as so meny Euro Testers seem to call our cars.
Look around this very site How meny times do guys ask ?s about how do i get the car to perform better. Nothing.
Google something, all I get is pages of stuff for BMW and all I get for us is Chrome door locks and chrome air bag buttons ... Oh Boy AMG
Some Club clown told me ,oh if the light is blinking your going to fast and not smooth. Ok. But I am as fast in my 50 year old Alfas on the same track.( Better rubber)
So I try some left foot braking. Ya what a joke!!!! Brakes stay on longer, M.B. said its more safty features. If the car thinks your slowing it will apliy more brake. Try it on the freeway. Just barly touch the brake for a 100th of a sec.. and you can feel it and the revs drop.

***AMG needed to make a performace car in all manner! Hell thay have stiff springs. Why cant thay make the rest of the cars work correctly. as the Darm M cars???

Spinning a open diff out of a low speed turn on to a nice long straight on the inside tring to pass a slower cars and the esp and other stuff comes on and you have crap!;
Ya Guys I am Pi-sed. I have raced and love this brand as underdog for 2 decades on and off the track.

I will not be back untell I am a much older. man(50s now). I will always Keep my 16 Vs and my 230 se But no More AMGs. wast of $$$ if you want real perf. We are forced to go to the dark side as I have called the Stupid BMW M cars

No Posi!!! SHAMFULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At lest if there was a posi. I could try and figure out Dyno mode and have fun and feel safe .

**** If on the city street someone tried to hurt us or jack the car. If I had posi I could always swing the back out from a stop behind another car and smack them down as I go the other way.
***With the AMGs now days. Just get out and give them your car.
Becuase you will need to have a gun. Because your car is not going to get you out of a tight jam if your boxed between two cars.
Oh yes what about the no gear boxs too guys!
I am mad because I thought ;oh the Auto is fully worked out. thay say
I just got home and drove a frinds new 530bmw he was for years a M. B. guy, got me started on them in 74-75.
Its not even a m car. well his Auto really works great!!! you dont feel the down shifts and its maches the revs correctly! Not like a AMG auto sometimes it slips them into gear Bla bla..
Oh Ya and on the Hwy. you just want to stay in high gear and get on it a little in high gear. No way to do that in a AMG with out it always down shifting all the time.
Come on guys AMG M.B. used to know how to build a car Shame on them!!!

****Thats why thay have bad resale. Thay(AMG) will say Oh ya we out sell them all!*****
*********Well I have to say this to AMG M.B.
"In the 80s Genral Motors had trouble then too. Thay flu there best tecks in all the USA to a meeting with the Eng. and bean counters." GM in the end said" We Loose more cars than the compition sells."

Thats where AMG will be or is . Thay lost me and another buddy who could out buy and sell me 20 times over. Thay may not miss me but thay are going to miss Dougie and his Buddies.
Rant off. But trully have lOST ALL RESPECK for this Company
Later
Thay may even take this post down who knows, But Guys Heed the messenger. Becuase you make and sell more than the other guys in your segment. It will not feed your grand kids
I am Mad because I loved your cars and History. I was with Fangio on his 80 B-day when we went out in the W196 and most of the day. I love your cars. You Have blown it big time in the U.S.A. all your going to have someday is guys who own SUVs....
Rant off
Old 04-13-2007, 05:01 PM
SPONSOR

why are you dragging up a 2 year old thread?
Old 04-14-2007, 03:05 PM

2002 C32, 2011 VW GTI
Originally Posted by 1FASTC32
why are you dragging up a 2 year old thread?
Better question -- why is he off his meds?