Brakes squeeking ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 C55 AMG, Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 04
Brakes squeeking ??

Hi All,

Has anybody else had problems with the brakes squeeking ? I just had in for Service A after 5600 miles and they said there was nothing they could do, the pads..etc were fine.

Nonethless, I do detect squeeking in city traffic pretty often.

According to the service people Mercedes/AMG brakes are somewhat "softer" and tend to squeek but "brake very well". While I find it comforting to know I will be in great shape if I ever need to do an emergency brake at a 150 MPH it is not very useful in daily driving. I sometimes feel like a 20 year old junker coming around the corner with the d@mm squeeking, not really what I expect from a high quality sports sedan.

Has anyone changed the pads or similar ?
Old 09-04-2005, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350 '06
Yeah, my brakes squeak everyday. I let up and then apply the brakes to try to silence them. I brought this up with the service dept. when I took mine in and they said they checked the brakes and they're fine. He told me to make a hard stop now and then which will help b/c they are glazed over a little. I think that's the term he used (glazed).

Could it be from the ESP braking the car around corners? I'm thinking b/c this thing works overtime, it tends to wear on the brakes faster.

Nick