How to Improve Handling on C55?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32

We always are working at fixing the front so we will let everyone know if we find a fix!
The fix is to not use the C32 on a track and buy a real track car like a Honda
Old 09-27-2005, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zeppelin is a funny man. CynCarvin is just chasing the impossible dream. Like many of us are. Good luck Cyn.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:23 PM

2003 330i ZHP
Originally Posted by jsaccio
With 4k on my C55 the one thing I would like to improve is the handling around turns. I guess I like to take turns a little hard and the back end starts to slip until the ESP kicks in.

What are the best things to improve this? I assume there is no free lunch so I will probably give up something too. Perhaps I'm just dealing with the weight limits and design of the vehicle.

Any help would be appreciated.

thx, joe
Attending performance Driver Education events. Best mod you can do to any car is to adjust the nut behind the wheel.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by rguy
Zeppelin is a funny man. CynCarvin is just chasing the impossible dream. Like many of us are. Good luck Cyn.
Impossible? Nothing is impossible!

We already lap as fast as EVO VIII's and other real sports cars. Its a tuning process and we will figure it out!

Come on zepp C32 is not THAT bad LOL. Why do things the easy way? More fun to cure the seemingly impossible!

Hey it leads for fun days at the track messing with people in sports cars. Last time we scared a flock of supercharged G35's and 350z's ...
Old 09-27-2005, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
Impossible? Nothing is impossible!

We already lap as fast as EVO VIII's and other real sports cars. Its a tuning process and we will figure it out!

Come on zepp C32 is not THAT bad LOL. Why do things the easy way? More fun to cure the seemingly impossible!

Hey it leads for fun days at the track messing with people in sports cars. Last time we scared a flock of supercharged G35's and 350z's ...
I have probably done more suspension tuning and modifications to the C32 than anyone I know of. I have swaybars stacked up in my garage like firewood. Nothing will make up for a nose heavy car with struts in the front that is camber challenged and has a quirky suspension design that toes the suspension in when the strut is compressed.

I love the C32 for what it is. I almost hate to compromise the ride by installing the C55 shocks and struts(talk about harsh).

I will bring the C32 back to the track when I get that 30mm front swaybar made
Old 09-27-2005, 11:07 PM

The impossible dream was a metaphor of course. But even the most modest man will admit it is a bit of a challenge to get the most out of the car and is a difficult tuning job.

Zeppelin, have you tried modifying the rear subframe? Another thought is you could move the engine to the trunk or just the supercharger. Just kidding of course. I really don't find the c55 ride to be too rough though. I did used to have a jeep wrangler that defined rough ride then, so I think my expectations from a suspension might be a little skewed.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by rguy
The impossible dream was a metaphor of course. But even the most modest man will admit it is a bit of a challenge to get the most out of the car and is a difficult tuning job.

Zeppelin, have you tried modifying the rear subframe? Another thought is you could move the engine to the trunk or just the supercharger. Just kidding of course. I really don't find the c55 ride to be too rough though. I did used to have a jeep wrangler that defined rough ride then, so I think my expectations from a suspension might be a little skewed.
Of course the C32/C55 is not simple to mod but its fun being behind the 8 ball! Of course it would be really nice to have an E46 M3 with a TC Kline suspension, Dinan wheels, Hoosiers, Brembos, solid motor and tranny mounts, roll hoop, etc but thats so simple. Those parts are just sitting there waiting to be purchased. With the C32 WE have to figure out how to fix the front suspension and fix it we shall! Between Zepp, SMG, and my self the W203 will one day bit a fun car

And as for the rear subframe we have that on the to do list but first we want to get the fron suspension squaird away. Then at that point, the car will likely be a real blast!
Old 09-28-2005, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by Zeppelin
The fix is to not use the C32 on a track and buy a real track car like a Honda
That is so true! So when you run off the road you can just throw it out and buy a new one for 1k

Not bad to get a whole car for the price of a set of tires!

Some people are just really odd... I am one of those odd people
Old 09-28-2005, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
That is so true! So when you run off the road you can just throw it out and buy a new one for 1k

Not bad to get a whole car for the price of a set of tires!

Some people are just really odd... I am one of those odd people
No, it cost more like $1200.