House Of Imports: Service sucks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 04:15 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by beemaze
You mean in Arcadia? I go there too, but they don't always know what they're doing.... PM me if you want more info.
I only went there couple times to get the Comand fixed. The service advisor is much nicer IMO and really tried to work out all the problem for you.

One more thing I like about them is that they put on steering wheel covers and seat covers when the car goes into service.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Porsche 997TT
Originally Posted by doubleU211
We got the E55 from Laguna and at first, I was sketchy about having to transport the car alllll the way to Washington..but after the dilemma with Rasmussen..Laguna is my hero!
Your font color is really tough to read
Old 10-29-2005, 06:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
its a girls thing!! heh
Old 11-20-2005, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A box on 4 wheels
IDRIVEFAST please clear your PM's been trying to reach you for awile. Regarding your Swaybars!!! PM me please!!
Old 11-20-2005, 01:24 PM

W140 W126 W220
car dealerships in general suck. sometimes they do the work good, but most of the time they don't and you have to go back there and get it fixed, and they always rip you off.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:15 PM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Cappa26
IDRIVEFAST please clear your PM's been trying to reach you for awile. Regarding your Swaybars!!! PM me please!!

pm's cleared
Old 01-01-2006, 02:45 AM

2006 SLK 55
Smile

Originally Posted by nlpamg
I don't know where to go now. Southbay Mercedes is the absolute WORST!

But, here's my story with HOI. My SA (Steve, who is no longer at HOI) told me I need new tires. I told him I'll shop around and let him know. He gave me a quote and said that if I buy all 4 from him he'll give me a free alignment. So I said sure even though his price was $300 more than Tirerack's. (This was YEARS back with my w202 btw.) We agreed on a price and tire (the same tire that came with my car from the factory.) It was the Pirelli P6000, and he said he had ordered them. When I picked up my car, they put on Pirelli P600's. I complained and they said it was the "updated version" and that they didn't make the P6000. So, it was a good thing I had the Tirerack printout and list of prices. The P6000's were around $30 more per tire than the P600's and they had better performance. So I complained and they finally after a week changed and gave me the P6000's. If I didn't have my research and had my stuff, they would have gotten away with it.

During one of my other services, they told me I needed to change something (I forgot) and that it would cost $400. I didn't really care and told them sure.

I got suspicious when they said that my control arm bushings were worn and that it was "metal-to-metal" already and that it would last only a few more miles and that I needed it fixed to the tune of $900.

So, I took it to an independent shop for an oil change and had them look at it, and they said that although it's common on w202's, mine were STILL GOOD and would last me another 10k miles at least.

Marcus, I understand where you're coming from, but the thing is, if they get a "problem" client and **** them off, don't you think that problem client (who is most likely pretty sophisticated) will take other actions to redress it? When SB Mercedes damaged my car, I called up corporate, their GM, the service manager, was ready to file a claim with consumer affairs and had written a 3 page letter stating all the parties (that I was aware of) involved and was ready to file suit if they did not fix it to my satisfaction. A waiter at a restaurant is one thing, but the dealer could have a serious lawsuit on their hands...

Moral, some of the SA's need to stop being ****heads and listen to their clients, the porters need to stop being shmucks and damaging cars, and whoever is doing the "diagnosis" should be honest.

My 2 cents. I'd like to have a stick on this forum to list down dealerships AND names for that purpose.
Of course, there is a centralized website for rating your dealers for all to see:

http://www.dealerrater.com/

I'm not affiliated in any way with this site but it is very informative.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 E550, 2012 GL450, 2014 GLK350, 2015 S550, 2020 GLC350e
All car dealerships are scammers. Thats just the way it is. I've been told numerous times on my Toyota 4Runner that this or that is wrong and that it should be replaced. The item maybe a little worn, but they exaggerate A LOT and try to make a buck. Luckily a friend of mine is a mechanic, so he always checks and tells me not to do a thing, and nothing goes wrong. Over the past 5 yrs, I think he has saved me close to $5k in things the local Toyota dealership wanted to to replace. Thats where they make a lot of their money -- service.

I've had ****ty service from MB Laguna Niguel and Fletcher Jones Newport. You basically have to pick the closest one. You just pick the closer of the two evils. Why drive further than you need to?
Old 01-01-2006, 09:44 AM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by Vik888
I've had ****ty service from MB Laguna Niguel and Fletcher Jones Newport. You basically have to pick the closest one. You just pick the closer of the two evils. Why drive further than you need to?
Yep, definately often comes down to a choice of "the lesser of two weasels".