Slk55 progress report

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 12:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c32
Slk55 progress report

Hey everyone,

Been a while since I made a post here since I sold the car last month, just wanted to give an update on the slk55. 4k miles on it so far and damn, that thing is just too fun to drive. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fun benz, the damn thing is so great I make excuses to drive it. I'll even go shopping for groceries to give myself the excuse.

Anyway also found out the 6.3 liter won't be in the slk for another 2 years at least if not 4, so no worries about the new model spoiling your fun. HOpe everyone is enjoying their C amgs in here, peace
Old 11-04-2005, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by ardy6931
Hey everyone,

Been a while since I made a post here since I sold the car last month, just wanted to give an update on the slk55. 4k miles on it so far and damn, that thing is just too fun to drive. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fun benz, the damn thing is so great I make excuses to drive it. I'll even go shopping for groceries to give myself the excuse.

Anyway also found out the 6.3 liter won't be in the slk for another 2 years at least if not 4, so no worries about the new model spoiling your fun. HOpe everyone is enjoying their C amgs in here, peace
Wow you drive a lot! 4k in a month? congrats on the car
Old 11-04-2005, 02:04 AM
Almost a Member!

02 C32 AMG 05 E55 AMG
congrats! i'd make an excuse to drive anywhere and everywhere too..heck, I do that with the C32 and the E55
Old 11-04-2005, 04:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55AMG W203; 330i E90
Originally Posted by ardy6931
Hey everyone,

Ardy , good to see ya back here!
Practically speaking, a million HK$ SLK55 still to me, a worth fun upgrade taking the CaymanS is slightly priced higher. The main thing is its uniqueness as being the top SLK among all others(SLKs). CaymanS is great but not quite close to the top coupe 911. I only heard a SLK engine at its stand still. Would really love to know your experience of the differences between C55 (assumed you test driven a C55 b4) and SLK55 in terms of:
1. Fuel consumption
2. Responsiveness , smoothness of the 7GTronic vs C55 5-Speed AMG Speedshift.
3. Does the SLK55 7G has a manual mode like the C55?
4. Handling department
5. Acceleration e.g. how many % feel faster ?
6. Do you miss your C32 ? In what way?

cnt