SL55 Splitter and LSD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 07:41 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG K
Question SL55 Splitter and LSD

Can someone please tell me what putting an SL55 splitter on my C32 will do for it. I have Kleeman pulleys and ECU with resonator deleted. Does it go right on the existing airbox and throttle body or does it require modification? Also has anyone had a Limited Slip Differential installed? If so, at what cost, etc? I will appreciate any help!
Old 11-19-2005, 10:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
Originally Posted by C32Luvr
Can someone please tell me what putting an SL55 splitter on my C32 will do for it. I have Kleeman pulleys and ECU with resonator deleted. Does it go right on the existing airbox and throttle body or does it require modification? Also has anyone had a Limited Slip Differential installed? If so, at what cost, etc? I will appreciate any help!
Depending on who you ask, it does somewhere between 'nothing at all' and 'feels like it gives me a little more in the high-revs'. I've heard it's a tight-fit, but that it just goes right on.

From Kleemann "KLEEMANN does not offer full exhaust systems, or intake modifications for the C32. The AMG intake and exhaust systems are very well designed. There will never be gains from any kind of intake system, or exhaust system (other than headers)."

Also from Kleemann: "Limited Slip Differential: $2300.00. this will shave .2 seconds off your 0-60 times. "

I think there is a thread a few days ago talking about how the LSD really won't make a big difference unless you're dragging/road racing and looking to shave those last few tenths off your times.

If you're looking for a meaningful upgrade, I think the Kleemann headers are the way to go - they claim 30hp/30tq from that modification ($3600 is the number I heard).

That said, I have no Kleemann-anything in my car right now, so you should take my information in that context. This is just information I'm picking up in my quest for which company to go with (Kleemann/Renntech/others...).
Old 11-19-2005, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
and it works the other way for some people.
https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....4&postcount=21
Old 11-19-2005, 05:36 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 C32 AMG K
Thanks!

Thank both you guys for your input, but it seem that the big gain was from the SL55 Airbox & splitter. I wonder just how tight all that stuff would make it under the hood?
Old 11-19-2005, 05:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
Originally Posted by 360_iti
and it works the other way for some people.
https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....4&postcount=21
Not a big gain without more information, that could be due to anything - colder weather, different gas - it's just not enough information to really say it made any difference. That said, the C32 stock splitter looks pretty constricting next to the SL55 splitter - be hard to think that there would be NO effect, but I think Kleemann probably have a lot of experience and I'll defer to them.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:58 PM

SLK32 AMG
approximately 15 hp according to Kleemann. I have had contact with Kleemann.

/Göran
Old 11-19-2005, 06:16 PM

SLK32 AMG
I have a slk32 with LSd from Kleemann and the difference is huge.( HUGE )

/Göran