Quaife Lsd Reloaded

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silver 2002 c32 amg
Quaife Lsd Reloaded

okay i've re posted this thread to get your attention

firstly as i have already posted... i rang quaife England to make enquiries about a LSD for the c32/c55,.. they told me the following

1.. minimum order needs to be 10 units
2 ..price would be around £800 ($1400) but could be less with a larger order
3.. build time of approx 3-4 months
4.. asked about any deposit needed answer was ,..probably about 20%

To do this they require a stock diff for about 3-4 weeks ..this is where our problems start ..

I have been trying to source a stock diff over here and so far have had no luck ...AMG's are very rare over here so nothing at any breakers yards + tried most of the tuners hoping they might have 1 that had been swapped for a kleemann diff..no joy there either, and the price of a new diff from MB is outrageous

Rang quaife again to see if they were willing to source a diff themselves and add the cost to the LSD's but they don't want to do this incase the diff they source doesn't match ours..

So if any of you guys who are interested can get hold of a diff or possibly detailed drawings and get them to quaife over there i have a contact name
for you of
DANA CLARK... hopefully he should be able to help and forward anything you have to england to get things going

the guy i've dealing with over here is MATT, (sorry didn't get his last name) but you could pass this on to Dana to expedite things

from the interest already shown in this i don't think we should have too much trouble finding 10 or more interested parties ... maybe we should start start a new list and one of you guys could act as a representative , i'm willing to cover things this end

please post any views /issues you have about this
Old 12-05-2005, 09:52 AM

996 C4, previously owned 996 c2, c32 amg, 350z, R33 GTR, R34 GTR
Hi Mate

Do you think the Quaiffe diff will make a big difference, how will the esp cope?
I think the traction in the wet is poor but then looked at my rear tyres -down to 1.5mm
Old 12-05-2005, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
I just got off the phone with Dana at Quiafe US. As I posted in my last message, first production units are still on track to be here in late January, early February.

As soon as they come in, we are going to test them on my C32 and verify fitment and performance.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:07 PM

silver 2002 c32 amg
Originally Posted by Vadim @ evosport
I just got off the phone with Dana at Quiafe US. As I posted in my last message, first production units are still on track to be here in late January, early February.

As soon as they come in, we are going to test them on my C32 and verify fitment and performance.

are these being made by quiafe america i ask because when i was onto quiafe england i queried this and they said they had no idea

also if they are whats the likelyhood of any being shipped over here
Old 12-05-2005, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
Most likely the sales guy has no idea what Quaife US is making. I am sure once Quaife UK starts production, you would be able to purchase one in UK.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:34 PM

silver 2002 c32 amg
Originally Posted by ash-c32
Hi Mate

Do you think the Quaiffe diff will make a big difference, how will the esp cope?
I think the traction in the wet is poor but then looked at my rear tyres -down to 1.5mm

according to what i have read it should make a big difference wet or dry

as far as the esp i'm not 100% sure but as esp detects wheel spin and a lsd limits this then it should just mean you see the warning triangle a lot less
good news for us

and like you my rears are on the limit ...the dealer ponted this out the other day when i had the car serviced. they quoted me over £200 a tyre for 2 new michelin pilot sports, obviously i said no ....i've decided to try the goodyear eagle f1 dsg3's , a local tyre fitter has quoted me £107 fitted this is on a 255 40 17
instead of the 245s , thought i'd try these to see if it makes any difference to grip /handling so if anybody has any experience with this tyre / setup i'd greatly appreciate your input