Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 03:04 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by JamE55
Vadim,

Hope you could join us on the next meet so maybe you guys can do some tests?

EVOII vs C55R vs HPS vs C55 S7! :v
send a request to European Cars and have them do a official test for the magazine
Old 01-28-2006, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 32 AMG (203.065)
could you post a pic from the front of the car please? thanks, looks great!
Old 01-28-2006, 05:25 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Brandon it was nice talking to you today. The car looks great! Nice and clean!

The lip will set off the car perfect!
Old 01-28-2006, 06:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by BennyZ
Nice car!

After a long time, My beast has been delivered back to me. (Hartmut himself brought me the car today!)

My output of the car is 400 rwhp/436 torque - dyno looks great! the car is also tuned to run with the NOS -
I have suspension work done as well as Pilot Sport Cups tires...

I have read many posts claiming well over 400 rwhp - some as hight as 450 -

where am I getting with all of this -

My car feels like it hydroplanes all through 1st, 2nd, and almost all of 3rd gear. IT IS FAST! so fast that I don't think I even need the NOS. (granted I have only had the car for the night!) (Vadim, car feels twice as strong as when you last saw it)

It would be very interesting to see how all of these S/C cars measure up against one another. I would like to see how these 450 rwhp car launch and continue to take off (I know Josh has LSD...)

let me know when you guys all meet up!

BennyZ
..........I am also skeptical of many HP claims. So far on yelloR! has posted an actual dyno in RWP above 450HP. So All we know is that so far only one s/ced NA V8 has more than 450HP at the wheels. Having said that, you have your work cut out for you because there are a few 1/4 mile times with timeslips that are impressive. Mine ran an 11.97, Dragon AMG ran 11.99 and C2design ran a customers SLK55 S8 car at 11.75. If that car is like YellowR1's car, then it probably has something near 489RWHP. You will have to run 11.6 with 400RWHP to be faster than that and if you do the calculations, you will see that you probably have an HP disadvantage.

Ted
Old 01-28-2006, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by uownme
Am I the only one that thinks black wheels look very childish, especially on a merc? Even the black taillights look horrible.

Other than that dig the car alot!

I agree 100%. It looks like something a 20 year old would do to their car, only to regret it later. The black accents are horrific.

However, the performance upgrades are amazing.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:25 PM
Vadim-SoCal

My car feels like it hydroplanes all through 1st, 2nd, and almost all of 3rd gear. IT IS FAST! so fast that I don't think I even need the NOS. (granted I have only had the car for the night!) (Vadim, car feels twice as strong as when you last saw it)
Benny, great news. I am glad Renntech came through for you. I knew they would.

Enjoy!!!!

It would be very interesting to see how all of these S/C cars measure up against one another. I would like to see how these 450 rwhp car launch and continue to take off (I know Josh has LSD...)
Sounds to me like the meet is definitely in order. I am going have to go back to 190mm crank pulley to keep up with you V8 guys.

send a request to European Cars and have them do a official test for the magazine
Mags will not do a compare run unless it is requested by the advertisers. And none of them wants to be the looser.

Having said that, you have your work cut out for you because there are a few 1/4 mile times with timeslips that are impressive.
Ted, you are right at the end of the day - ET talks, BS walks.

Sadly, the only accessible drags in LA area, Carlsbad, got sold. Now there are building houses in it's place.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
300SEL
[QUOTE=MARK CUMMINS]
Originally Posted by pshek
Let's see the dyno graph.

Lets see a Real Dyno on the car....As the last couple of HPS cars are NOT even close to the claimed figures...and HOW Much Boost are YOU Running?

455 HP...Cough Cough Cough
it's slower than a lightly modified C32...
Old 01-28-2006, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55AMG W203; 330i E90
very fine mod !
how come the AMG engine disappears? I thought you only added a SC?
Old 01-28-2006, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by Marko
I agree 100%. It looks like something a 20 year old would do to their car, only to regret it later. The black accents are horrific.

However, the performance upgrades are amazing.
..........well, it is all a matter of degree. Don't forget that the 2000-2002 E55 AMG came with blacked out cklear lenses in the rear tail light. This is direct from facyory. Perhaps, AMG had a new 20 year old employeee? Also remember the current SL65, CL65 and S65 all come weals the color of gunmetal. This is only a few degrees lighter than black. Maybe AMG employed a guy a few degrees older than 20, but the bosses at AMG that approved are probably a a lot older. Black rims and black accents are beautiful, so are chrome accents, it is all in the manner they are used. For instance many don't like chrome wheels but like chrome instrument cluster rings. The problem is not chrome, the problem is not black but how and where they are applied.

Ted
Old 01-29-2006, 11:06 AM

Granted, and they are used horribly within the matter shown here.

I should have been more specific in stating that it looks like an *emotionally* 20 year old modded their car in this way. An embarrassment no matter which way you cut it.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Granted, and they are used horribly within the matter shown here.
.............how about the tires? Is it okay for them to be black?

Ted
Old 01-29-2006, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
........ok, all kidding apart, I think your post reflects part of the reason why mercedes has been loosing money for the last several years. You see, the demographics of the typical mercedes benz owner has changed. It is no longer a married man in his 60's. There is nothing wrong with being married and 60 and there is nothing wrong with being single and 20. A 20 year old Britney Spears is more able to afford a mercedes than a middle aged guy who has worked all his life. Unfair but true. To cater to its ever younger clientele, MB needs to make products that appeal to that demographic. Be it blacked out tail lights or gunmetal rims. The Sl65 gunmetal rims incidentally are a big hit. It is no suprise therefore that Mb delerships themselve are now offering and installing aftermarket mods. An idea that would have been blasphemous previously. These mods are here to stay. MB either gets involved and offer the products or other companies will offer them and laugh to the bank while MB cries to bankrupcy. For instance a 20 year old with cash in his pocket might prefer to buy a BMW with full Ipod integration than buy an MB without IPOD integration. One thing for sure, the 20 year old is not giving up his IPOD just to say he owns a mercedes.

Ted
Old 01-29-2006, 01:10 PM

'03 C32
The fact that we're all here illustrates that there is a mod community for MBs. And, the fact that dealers are increasingly doing this work indicates that MB is changing with the times.

But, I think it's clear that the MB mod crowd is more into stealthy, discreet mods than other makes. Isn't that part of the reason we bought C32s and C55s rather than STIs or Evos?

Not all of SuperC55's mods move me, but who cares. He's still got a killer car and I tip my hat to him. Congrats on creating a unique and impressive machine.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:52 PM

On the contrary, I don't think that M-B has been "loosing" too much in the way of potential buyers, and I don't forsee them offering a special "AMG Bling" package to satiate those such as yourself whom are void of taste.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:59 PM
Vadim-SoCal

those such as yourself whom are void of taste.
Really!!!!?

And you have "taste"?

Did you go to a special school of "taste"?

What have you done to your MB that has "taste"?

Do even have an AMG that you can apply your definition of "taste"?
Old 01-29-2006, 02:08 PM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55
I know it's been said before but,

Good: Engine mods, suede, etc
Bad: Wheels and Taillights

The wheels lose all their detail when everything is black. It may look okay when it's parked, but it probably looks like 4 spare tires when you're moving. The taillights look strange. I think it would look better on a darker car, but white? I dunno.

However, no one can question your passion. Love the fact that you're modding your car. Keep it up.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Vadim-SoCal
Really!!!!?

And you have "taste"?

Did you go to a special school of "taste"?

What have you done to your MB that has "taste"?

Do even have an AMG that you can apply your definition of "taste"?
Taste is in the eye of the beholder, and judging from that repulsive, tacky, and overall tasteless use of black-out to the nth degree, one can reasonably surmise that the individual is free of taste, ergo tasteless.

Hope this helps, Vadim. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by dsb
I know it's been said before but,

Good: Engine mods, suede, etc
Bad: Wheels and Taillights

However, no one can question your passion. Love the fact that you're modding your car. Keep it up.

Well said, dsb. For better or for worse, no one can deny his passion for
his beloved vehicle. Kudos!
Old 01-29-2006, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BMW and Mercedes
Well said, dsb. For better or for worse, no one can deny his passion for
his beloved vehicle. Kudos!
yep....I'm w/ the both of you......engine mods are sick as hell, but not really feeling any of the aesthetic mods. Maybe the tails and grill were what kinda ruined the black wheels for me, as I usually like that look. Either way, its a nice car!
Old 01-29-2006, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
On the contrary, I don't think that M-B has been "loosing" too much in the way of potential buyers, and I don't forsee them offering a special "AMG Bling" package to satiate those such as yourself whom are void of taste.

Ahhhhh Bring back the GOLD package....Will That have enough (BLING) for you?
Old 01-29-2006, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by MARK CUMMINS
Ahhhhh Bring back the GOLD package....Will That have enough (BLING) for you?
LOL

I forgot about that gold package, Mark!
Old 01-29-2006, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
.............this as usual has become the end of the w0rld for the Pat Robertson holier than thou crowd. The world is changig, the demgraphics of MB owners are changing. One can wish for the stone ages to come back, but they will not, period! This does not mean that I like everything people do to their car. Neither do others like everything I do to mine, but mods aesthetic or engine are here to stay. And yes, we will like some of them and dislike some of them, but to be totally against mods is like standing in the middle of an interstate wishing for the traffic to stop. You will simply get run over and traffic and life will continue. Reminds of parents the 60's who were against rock and roll.

Ted
Old 01-29-2006, 05:02 PM

Theo, what is this "rock and roll" you speak of? Sounds devilish.

I have no doubt that M-B will not stoop to the requests of the gangsta wannabe crowd. The day that hydraulic suspension, under car lighting & curb finders appear under the option list is the day I switch brands.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
i'm a big fan of black wheels but not when it's all black, ( racer style like that).....if the lip would have been something other then black i would love it but not everyone has the same taste....

non the less, still a nice car........
Old 01-29-2006, 06:08 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Taste is in the eye of the beholder, and judging from that repulsive, tacky, and overall tasteless use of black-out to the nth degree, one can reasonably surmise that the individual is free of taste, ergo tasteless.

Hope this helps, Vadim. Let me know if you have any more questions.
perhaps this is "tastless" to you as well?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics of SuperC55's Beast!!!!