Brabus suspensions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Brabus suspensions

Should I get these suspension, any experience with them, or should i get Pss9's?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRABU...33410839QQrdZ1
Old 01-31-2006, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML63
I emailed that seller already.. he said that they won't fit on the C32, only the C55. Don't know if that's true or not, that's just what he said. Might want to get clarification from Brabus.. I think the reserve is $700.00..

I already have Brabus springs and was going to bid on this auction for the shocks.. then sell the springs.. My Brabus springs are really nice, not too stiff and a great ride height. I was going to get the PSS9 set up but I decided I didn't need it, at least not yet.

I have been reading about your upgrades, I would be interested to find out more about the splitter and air box upgrade.. Did you research that on the forum? Is there a thread on this topic already? Sorry, don't mean to hijack your thread.. I will PM you if I can't find a thread on this subject..

Last edited by amgmark; 01-31-2006 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
that;s fine then, i think I will stick with the Pss9 as i would like to go a bit more aggressive, I have a score to settle with an M3 . In respect to the SL55 air box, there is a lot of post in respect to the Air box, i asked My Merc mechanic said it should make the car sound a bit more aggressive and will increase HP, probably no more than 10 HP or probably less. but he did say the sound was going to be nice.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:09 PM
ON PROBATION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For a C32, get either the Bilstein PSS9 or the Carlsson adjustable coilover setup which is the equivalent of the PSS9.

Many who have experience with both say that the Carlsson is better both at the softest settings and at the firmest settings. Carlsson came out with theirs about a year after Bilstein (Carlsson developed several race cars off of the C32 during that timeframe); and so many of us switched and thusly were able to compare the two. Our consensus of opinion was that the Carlsson's were better (although the PSS9 is a very good solution for the C32).

...and if I remember correctly, the Carlssons are far easier to just reach in and adjust than the Bilsteins, as well.

Last edited by ClayJ; 01-31-2006 at 01:16 PM.