C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

OK, upgrading the brakes this time, need some info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C32R
OK, upgrading the brakes this time, need some info

I have decided to upgrade the brakes on my C32. I will NOT be doing a BBK, but I want better stopping power.... SO, it looks like SS brakes lines, Motul 5.1 brake fluid (very good brake fluid that doesnt need to be changed every few months!) and then on to brake pads..... This is where I need some help. From reading previous posts it seems like the best brake pads to go with are the porterfield R4s', but I would like some feedback from people the are currently or have used them on their C32/C55!! I would like to know if the these pads are good for everyday driving (well not everyday, but around town jaunts), do they squeak, leave a lot of dust etc... OR is there a better brand that someone is having some succes with, again without a lot of noise or too much dust on the rims??

ALSO I would like to have my calipers painted some other color to make them stand out a little more, I tried some paint but I couldnt get it smooth enough to look good (the fronts). Any ideas as to I might be able to do (maybe I should try a better brush?).... thanks for any input
Old 02-04-2006, 08:01 PM
ON PROBATION

First off - you should not have painted your calipers with a brush. Spraying is the method you should have used for smoothness.

I had Porterfield R4-S pads on my C32 back when I had one....

I put those pads on more than 1/3 of my cars -- I like 'em. Not much dust. Great stopping power. Great feel. No fade. You don't have to heat 'em up to get instant grab. And they last a long time too. Squealing has never been a problem for me - I did have two little piggies in the stables, but both of them were due to the calipers - or whatever, and not the pads - and shims/anti-squeal paste solved the noisemaking from then on.

I would recommend taht you give them a try.

Now I am sure that others will chime-in for you with their experiences and knowledge....
Old 02-04-2006, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVE
Anyone have an opinion about Hawk pads? (I have C32 front and rear as well). I'm currently using R4S and I think they're GREAT pads .

flip
Old 02-04-2006, 11:27 PM

02 C32R
Originally Posted by mig888
Anyone have an opinion about Hawk pads? (I have C32 front and rear as well). I'm currently using R4S and I think they're GREAT pads .

flip
if you like then why switch, just looking for another option?