C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Front end woble in suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 01:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350 SP / Honda Crosstour / prior vehicles - C32 modded / C300 modded / Lincoln LS modded
Front end woble in suspension

Has anyone had a problem like this or know what can be causing it. The car feels really loose up front. It is most noticalbe when I am going about 60mph and punch the gas the front end feels like the wheels are going in an S type sway from side to side. I am holding the steering wheel firmly and it's like the car has a mind of its own and just feels like the suspension beneath me is loose, I had a shop check it out and they said everything looked tight, but I don't think they went that deep into the situation. Car has never done this before. Can it be bearings or something else? It just feels unsafe.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by evanswan
Has anyone had a problem like this or know what can be causing it. The car feels really loose up front. It is most noticalbe when I am going about 60mph and punch the gas the front end feels like the wheels are going in an S type sway from side to side. I am holding the steering wheel firmly and it's like the car has a mind of its own and just feels like the suspension beneath me is loose, I had a shop check it out and they said everything looked tight, but I don't think they went that deep into the situation. Car has never done this before. Can it be bearings or something else? It just feels unsafe.
I recently ordered a complete set of castor and thrust bushes plus wheel bearings from MBENZNL. They weigh quite a lot actually. I spoke to a very senior mechanic in my local town and he told me that this is quite common as the rubber parts wear out. No amount of tyre balancing can rectify this.

I also got a complete set of sway bar brackets and bushes.

That will restore all of my front suspension components to day 1. Then if there is a further issue I will have my rims looked at to see if they are bent.

Did you check your tyre pressures ? Just to eliminate one variable.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
maybe is time for new springs.. Go Renntech.

have you tried to align the car lately?

by the way, how much did you pay for your power chip?
Old 03-02-2006, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by TopGun32
maybe is time for new springs.. Go Renntech.

have you tried to align the car lately?

by the way, how much did you pay for your power chip?
The only way to test the bushes properly is on a hoist that loads the car with its own weight and lifts it up. If the wheels are not resting on anything the bushes are unloaded and cracks in the rubber become much less obvious.