Anyone used www.SpeedTuningUSA.com

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Originally Posted by LAZA_C32
Thanks for the input guys, it sounds like it's a case of, you get what you pay for.

The $350 is definately cheap but I'm not convinced by the results, actually far from it. There's are a few "not so good" reports around from bad experiences.

Might be worth spending the extra $$$$, if not for performance, for peace of mind.

I wouldn't rule it out, but I am suspicious. In most turbo cars, a $400 chip/flash is NOT unusual, and they monkey with the software to generate real boost. I picked up 50HP in my Audi with a $400 chip. Basically, the chip tells the turbos to keep spooling past the point where Audi wanted them to cut out (bumping from 14 to 17 psi).

However, I thought that the supercharger setup was not "tweekable" like this, and without an overdrive pulley, the s/c was delivering full boost under the stock setup, and that there was no cut out. I'd love to hear from Vadim or someone else with hands-on data has to say.

It's also "odd" that they show equal or greater gains for the non-boosted cars as for the boosted cars. Could this be one of those chips that just advances ignition and mandates 93 octane fuel? Lastly, the dyno charts seem VERY artificial to me. Smooth curves with the chip providing a proportional increase all along the curve. In the real world, it's never that smooth; and the increases vary at RPM levels.

Last edited by Fifth Ring; 01-14-2007 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:42 PM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fifth Ring
I wouldn't rule it out, but I am suspicious. In most turbo cars, a $400 chip/flash is NOT unusual, and they monkey with the software to generate real boost. I picked up 50HP in my Audi with a $400 chip. Basically, the chip tells the turbos to keep spooling past the point where Audi wanted them to cut out (bumping from 14 to 17 psi).

However, I thought that the supercharger setup was not "tweekable" like this, and without an overdrive pulley, the s/c was delivering full boost under the stock setup, and that there was no cut out. I'd love to hear from Vadim or someone else with hands-on data has to say.

It's also "odd" that they show equal or greater gains for the non-boosted cars as for the boosted cars. Could this be one of those chips that just advances ignition and mandates 93 octane fuel? Lastly, the dyno charts seem VERY artificial to me. Smooth curves with the chip providing a proportional increase all along the curve. In the real world, it's never that smooth; and the increases vary at RPM levels.
correct, the supercharger is belt driven, the only way to increase the boost is to change the pulley...
Old 01-14-2007, 07:55 PM

If you are interested in a chip upgrade, we just started carrying the full line of Speed Innovation software. This is a complete ECU remapping system that will improve torque and HP output.

The C32 should expect about a 10-17HP gain and 9-16TQ gain.

Contact us for full pricing information or any questions!

sales@jlevisw.com
1.888.JLEVISW
AIM: Nick at JSW or Jlevi SW
Old 01-15-2007, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Nick@JleviSW
If you are interested in a chip upgrade, we just started carrying the full line of Speed Innovation software. This is a complete ECU remapping system that will improve torque and HP output.

The C32 should expect about a 10-17HP gain and 9-16TQ gain.

Contact us for full pricing information or any questions!

sales@jlevisw.com
1.888.JLEVISW
AIM: Nick at JSW or Jlevi SW
Nick:

Now that you've chimed in, no good deed goes unpunished. Tell us about the chip and what it really does to make HP.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:35 PM

This chip will remap your ECU settings to open up more power and torque avaiable through both 91 and 93 octane. Realize that this is not just a simple piggy back ECU chip but rather a comprehensive reprogramming (fully reversible if desired) that is much more effective than your tradtional add on.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
I have speedtuning on my CLK500. I dealt with Oliver. For $300 he gave me a 98 octane program, more hp and tq, and removed the electronic governor. Me and my friends could feel the difference in the pull, though I never dynoed it before and after. I don't think you can get any better of a deal for $300. I checked out Kleeman, RennTech, Brabus, EvoSport and all their ECU upgrades go for around $1,000. So, I recommend SpeedTuning. I've had it for a while now and haven't seen one problem so far. It just makes the car a bit more aggressive, I like it. I'm sure that on a s/c'ed car, a pully and ECU combo would give significant increases in power. If you want to go cheap, maybe an ASP pulley and SpeedTuning ECU would be the best bang for you buck.

Good luck
Old 01-18-2007, 08:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
I have speedtuning on my CLK500. I dealt with Oliver. For $300 he gave me a 98 octane program, more hp and tq, and removed the electronic governor. Me and my friends could feel the difference in the pull, though I never dynoed it before and after. I don't think you can get any better of a deal for $300. I checked out Kleeman, RennTech, Brabus, EvoSport and all their ECU upgrades go for around $1,000. So, I recommend SpeedTuning. I've had it for a while now and haven't seen one problem so far. It just makes the car a bit more aggressive, I like it. I'm sure that on a s/c'ed car, a pully and ECU combo would give significant increases in power. If you want to go cheap, maybe an ASP pulley and SpeedTuning ECU would be the best bang for you buck.

Good luck
And where do you buy your 98 octane fuel? (It's easy to boost HP with tweeks to timing if there's enough octane to keep the engine from pinging.)
Old 01-18-2007, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
I get 93 Octane at the pump and I put an octane booster that combined with the 93 gives 100 Octane. I figure the booster may not give you that extra 7 points, but if it gives me 4 or 5 its worth it. I also run the car with normal 93 and I haven't had any pinging, so its pretty safely tuned.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:16 PM

1992 Toyota Corolla, 1994 Chevy C1500, 2002 C32, 2012 Prius, 2013 Toyota Sienna
Speedtuning

Anything good ever come out of Speedtuning for our C32's lately?
I know im not the first C32 owner to get this tune. By the way, my ECU should be back here tomorrow. Ive searched alot about Speedtuning and only found mixed references for the E55 and very few for C32.
Peace

Last edited by mdncn2762; 02-08-2008 at 09:35 PM.