C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

9ff Mercedes??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
9ff Mercedes??

Anybody here know anything about 9ff tuning Mercedes?? My buddy has a 9ff variotune exhaust on his turbo. It sounds incredible. The killer thing is that you can turn it off/on.
It makes power everywhere, but allows you to mute it when you want.
I think that’s pretty cool. Anybody know if these guys make one for MB cars? Is it at all possible to adapt something like this to an sl55??
Old 04-09-2006, 04:14 PM

Sounds like useless gadgetry to me. First of all, if you are looking to improve performance on an AMG vehicle, the exhaust system is the last thing you should replace (with the exception of headers). AMG has a company called Sebring manufacture their exhaust systems. Sebring is known to be one of the premier manufacturers of exhaust systems and they are also a leading provider in the motorsport industry. If you want a better sound, go buy yourself a nice set of headers (Super Sprint and Kleemann are highly regarded). I would be highly reluctant to replace my AMG exhaust system with a unreputable brand.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:39 PM

well 9ff is a reputable porsche tuner up there with ruf, gemballa (broke several worlds records...yada yada). My question was whether 9ff tunes for MB. I'll send them an email.
By the way, Porsche has been doing adjustable sounds in the non-turbo cars for years. this is a new thing to the turbo world - i've seen it in action. Really cool. Sporty sound or rolling thunder (that wakes up your neighbors).