People that got their windows tinted...I need your HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
People that got their windows tinted...I need your HELP

Question regarding the tints...are there any areas that are not covered with film...basically im asking if the tint job was perfect...leaving no small / tiny areas of any of the windows uncovered by the film due to mis-cutting etc

...I ask this because i just got my Lexus ES300 tinted Yesterday (thursday) and

1. there are a couple tiny bubbles coming up on two windows

2. I realized that on both quarter windows (the small triangular ones for rear passangers)...along the vertical side edge from top to bottom there is an area the thickness of a finger nail that is not covered by the film (im assuming due to mis-cut)

3.the area with all those small black dots at the top of the back windshield seems to not been FULLY pressed against the window because some areas are as dark as the rest of the back window but others are a little ligther (i used my finger and pressed up against the inside of the window and it did get darker but not to the same level as the rest of the window so im guessing they'd know how to fulllly air it out or something)

...I just wanted to know what your thoughts are on each of the 3 issues im seeing...should i take it back to the tint shop and have them press out the bubbles and fully press the dotted area on the back windshield and re-film the 2 triangular windows or should i wait the 3 days during which they said to keep all the windows closed....I've never had my cars tinted before so I'm not sure of what is typical and what isnt...please leave me suggestions or anything that may help me
Old 04-14-2006, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 CLA 45
1) if it is right in the middle of the windows its bad. if it more to the edges it might be okay

2) it happens. they usually cut it quickly by hand and it doesnt always turn out perfect. actually it never does.

3) again: when it is in the middle of the window ... its not good. when it comes to the crapped area it should be okay.

let it settle for another 7-10 days and if it is so bad that you cant live with it, take it back and complain. maybe those light spots are not really dark yet, because the water is still there.

hope it turns out good for you.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML63
You should probably wait at least a week before you make your final judgement. If the bubbles have water under them (hopefully) it will evaporate after a few days. I think the small black dots are almost impossible to fully cover. The miss cut on the quarter windows would probably bother me though.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:32 PM

a Black
Living in Vegas I have had all of my 9 cars limo tinted. You always get bubbles for about 2-5 days. However, I have never not had perfect coverage. I would not settle for less than perfect, take it back after 5 days so that the bubbles have gone
Old 04-14-2006, 11:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
My problem is with the small dots making up the transition around the edges of the back window. Looks like **** - going to do something about long-term, just not sure what. I've heard some people use a stick of glue to fill between the dots, sand them down, razor them off...all kinds of stuff. Would be it be insane to have them tint the OUTSIDE on the back window? Would also get rid of the vertical headlight 'flares' where there is a tiny gap where the tint and rear-defrost wires run.

Originally Posted by C32Vegas
Living in Vegas I have had all of my 9 cars limo tinted. You always get bubbles for about 2-5 days. However, I have never not had perfect coverage. I would not settle for less than perfect, take it back after 5 days so that the bubbles have gone
Old 04-15-2006, 12:37 AM

a Black
Originally Posted by Bif powell
My problem is with the small dots making up the transition around the edges of the back window.
I have no idea what you are talking about. I have no problems on the dots...the film just covers them up...looks perfect