C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Sway bar upgrades for C32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 02:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sway bar upgrades for C32

Hi all,

I've been using the handy search feature, and viewing corporate websites for the various tuners. However, I've had difficulty determining who is the best provider of upgraded sway bars / anti-roll bars for the C32. I'd like the opinions of anyone who has installed them on their C32 or C55. Oh - and what other ways have you sorted your suspensions?

Background: I have the RENNtech springs, and plan to stick with stock shocks. No, I don't want PSS9's.

Thanks!
Old 05-12-2006, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Stabilizer bars.

I looked into this. H&R makes front and rear bars. My research shows that the H&R bar is thicker (hence stiffer) than the stock AMG bar. Search "H&R springs" and you'll find the corporate web site and/or vendors.

I'm curious. Have you already installed the Renntech springs? If so, do you feel that you still need an upgrade to the stabilizer bar(s)? If you have not installed the springs yet, I would certainly wait until that was done and see how it handles. You may not need the bars. I don't think there are any real efficiencies in doing both jobs at once.

I'm torn between making a modest invest in a rear bar, versus a wholesale change of springs and shocks. It's literally the difference between a $199 do-it-yourself job and a $1,500 suspension replacement.

Last edited by Fifth Ring; 05-12-2006 at 02:19 PM.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
i'm in the same boat

I have the springs already and understeer is still there, a bit less body roll but the anti sways are needed.

The springs really only reduce the wheel gap and really don't add any handling improvement, very minimal.

ride quality is really good.

I need to get my ECU first, therefore sways are 2nd on my list. However this car is probably on its way out of my home.

Love the car, spent lots of money up to this point, but I'm beginning to start looking at something else.

ECU and sways maybe will add a few more months of driving excitement, but I would dumping money on more mods for someone else to enjoy.

At this point, I might just do the ECU therefore who ever buys it will have the full stage1 appplication from Evosport.