C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Just did my first oil change- got a question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 02:11 AM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just did my first oil change- got a question...

so i changed the oil and filter and reset the service reminder, now when i check the oil, instead of it telling me if it is ok or not, i just says "perform service on time"...does that mean the oil level is fine?

i am figuring it probably is, but just want to be sure...thanks
Old 05-24-2006, 03:17 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG & Sold: Mazda RX-8
Same thing happen to me when I did the oil change. As I knew I had put in approximately the right amount of oil, I went for a test run (didn't drive hard) came back waited five minutes for the oil to settle and rechecked the oil level again and it said it required another half litre. I added that and all was well again!

It seems that it needs to be driven (not far) before the oil check function works correctly?

Next time though I think I will check the engine oil level first and then reset the service indicator. This might make a difference.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:42 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by OZC32AMG
Same thing happen to me when I did the oil change. As I knew I had put in approximately the right amount of oil, I went for a test run (didn't drive hard) came back waited five minutes for the oil to settle and rechecked the oil level again and it said it required another half litre. I added that and all was well again!

It seems that it needs to be driven (not far) before the oil check function works correctly?

Next time though I think I will check the engine oil level first and then reset the service indicator. This might make a difference.
ok, sounds like a plan...thanks
Old 05-24-2006, 09:44 AM
Banned

C320
Originally Posted by OZC32AMG

your oil filter usually holds about that much oil. the engine needs to be started then checked after the oil change because the oil will cycle through an empty filter therefore requiring you to check and top off.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
this message will pop up when you check your oil after you just ran your car. the computer will wait for about 10 min after you ran it before it can read the level. they did this so all the oil will drip down to the pan. you can check it before you start your car in the morning and you wont get this message.

hope this helps
Old 05-24-2006, 05:59 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by Trekman
this message will pop up when you check your oil after you just ran your car. the computer will wait for about 10 min after you ran it before it can read the level. they did this so all the oil will drip down to the pan. you can check it before you start your car in the morning and you wont get this message.

hope this helps
thanks, i figured this out today after i had driven it and checked the oil level again to make sure it was where it is supposed to be...