Question for Frank W??? (Brabus bumper)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 12:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Question for Frank W??? (Brabus bumper)

To all MbWorld members

This is to clarify certain things regarding the Brabus bumper I ordered from Frank W. Last May 26, 2006 for the amount of $1220.00 shipped. I paid this through Paypal. I was told that this was going to get shipped on May 30. So I waited for the entire week thinking it should come in any day that week. On Friday June 2. I emailed Frank W and asked him about the bumper, I was told that the shipping company has not even shipped yet because they are waiting for other items. I feel that if I had not emailed him I wouldnt have known that it has not been shipped. I asked him if he could shipped it with a diff. shipping company he said he cant because the owner of the bumper C_brabus picked this shipping company. I dont understand why does the owner get to choose who to ship it through if im the one paying for it. The problem here is my car is in the shop now w/o a bumper and im paying for my rental car. The more this gets delayed the more im paying for the rental. This is to much of an inconvenience for me and my bodyshop. Now as for Frank W he said my bumper will be shipped on Mon. 6/5. I emailed him again asking when I should expect it to arrive then. Now he's just ignoring my emails and pm's.

At this point I dont care now that it is delayed but my concern is...If you paid $1220.00 you should at least get a tracking number. I have repeatedly asked him for one but up to now I have not gotten a tracking number. I dont even know if it did ship on 6/5.

Im not giving a bad rep for GtWerks but considering I paid this bumper in Franks name. I think he should still be liable for this. Because he told me that I did not buy this from GTWERKS but from C_brabus. But the mere fact that i paid this in full under his name he should still be liable for this. Thats why I bought this from him to begin with knowing he has a good rep in MBWorld. I certainly did not expect this to happen.

This is just a heads up to other people who might do business with Frank W in the future.

P.S. Frank if you read this I am still waiting for the tracking number. I did not want to do this but when you stopped returning my emails, pm's you left me with no choice.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:24 AM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by MBZAMG32
To all MbWorld members

This is to clarify certain things regarding the Brabus bumper I ordered from Frank W. Last May 26, 2006 for the amount of $1220.00 shipped. I paid this through Paypal. I was told that this was going to get shipped on May 30. So I waited for the entire week thinking it should come in any day that week. On Friday June 2. I emailed Frank W and asked him about the bumper, I was told that the shipping company has not even shipped yet because they are waiting for other items. I feel that if I had not emailed him I wouldnt have known that it has not been shipped. I asked him if he could shipped it with a diff. shipping company he said he cant because the owner of the bumper C_brabus picked this shipping company. I dont understand why does the owner get to choose who to ship it through if im the one paying for it. The problem here is my car is in the shop now w/o a bumper and im paying for my rental car. The more this gets delayed the more im paying for the rental. This is to much of an inconvenience for me and my bodyshop. Now as for Frank W he said my bumper will be shipped on Mon. 6/5. I emailed him again asking when I should expect it to arrive then. Now he's just ignoring my emails and pm's.

At this point I dont care now that it is delayed but my concern is...If you paid $1220.00 you should at least get a tracking number. I have repeatedly asked him for one but up to now I have not gotten a tracking number. I dont even know if it did ship on 6/5.

Im not giving a bad rep for GtWerks but considering I paid this bumper in Franks name. I think he should still be liable for this. Because he told me that I did not buy this from GTWERKS but from C_brabus. But the mere fact that i paid this in full under his name he should still be liable for this. Thats why I bought this from him to begin with knowing he has a good rep in MBWorld. I certainly did not expect this to happen.

This is just a heads up to other people who might do business with Frank W in the future.

P.S. Frank if you read this I am still waiting for the tracking number. I did not want to do this but when you stopped returning my emails, pm's you left me with no choice.

honestly that doesnt even sound that bad. you wanna hear a bad story? ok heres 1

when i decided to modify my car, 1 of the things i decided to do was get brabus swaybars. So i went to F-1 Motorsport on hollywood and they placed an order for a set of C32 Swaybars. It was supposed to ship in 3 weeks and arrive in 4. A month later i check adn they tell it it hasnt shipping yet.

I think well that not out of the ordinary. When you deal with shipping, **** always hits the fan. this wasnt unexpected at all. a week later it arrives and i take my car to hollywood to have it installed only to find out they they WOULD NOT FIT ON MY CAR!!! Furious that i had already paid and waited so long F-1 called Brabus NA in newport to see wtf was wrong with them (Brabus). They said that they allegedly had never order swaybars for a C32 before and that brabus did not make a w203 swaybar for amg applications.

I thought it was just Andreas (the sales rep who took my order) being a dumba$$ for not knowing but whatever. I already paid and didnt want to leave empty handed. It turns out a W209 CLK55 owner had also ordered a set of swaybars and they shipped his with mine so he was also having the same problem, since w209 adn w203 share the same chasis and suspension. So their solution for both of us was to drill bigger holes on the swaybars so that they would fit.

HOWEVER, brabus swaybars are excessively thick so find a place that could drill them was no easy task. It also cost 60 each for me and the clk55 owner. I thought the whole thing was completely unfair that I had to pay for the drilling because neither brabus or F-1 notofied me that modifications would be needed to fit them. However, it wasnt fair for F-1 either because Brabus really REALLY should have known better (Andreas dont deal with him). Since I didnt want to leave empty handed because i had already endured so much bullsh 1 t, F-1 and I split the cost of the drilling.

In between ordering and actually getting the swaybars fitted onto my car. I drove down to F-1 in hollywood from Irvine, which is about 120 miles round trip, about 5 times.

Had I known prior that it would be so much trouble, I defintely would have just gotten H&R sways or nothing at all.

so... may 30 huh? and its june 6? (it took me about 3 months when it was supposed to take 3 weeks) i think you should just wait. im sure that when frank hsa information he will pass it onto you immediately. dealers can only place the order after that its out of their hands. in the loop is also the carrier, customs, the manufacturer....any 1 of which could have dropped the proverbial ball. give him some time
Old 06-07-2006, 01:31 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Your last PM was from YESTERDAY. I did not have time to return PM yesterday. and Your PM has been replied.

another thing is when you send the paypal I've already informed you that I won't have time till after Memorial Day weekend which is Tuesday the 30th and I did take the bumper to the trucking company like I've promised. Since this is a personal item from a friend my priority wasn't to be focused just on this.

Like the PMs I've already given you all the updates and said you will receive the bumper this week the latest. It has only been 1 week since I started taking care of this (Tuesday after the Memorial Day weekend) yet you stretch it out to 2 weeks?

btw, I'm only reading this after I've replied your PM and replied the dispute on paypal.

I did not know your car was without a front bumper till I got your second to last PM. Otherwise I would've contacted the owner and also asked you if you want to pay for UPS shipping with extra fee for oversized package. However when I found out you do need the bumper in a hurry I did gave you a quote on the UPS oversized cost and also gave you the approx size of the box that is used which you did not return indication of you want to send extra $160-170 for the $290+ oversize UPS shipping.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:33 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Idrivefast, thanks for the reply.

However this is regarding shipment of the used bumper which I'm taking care of for friend and used trucking company told by my friend.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
frank is a great guy and I know this will get resolved... I know sending a bumper is costly and I would not use UPS. they will trash your package.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:14 AM

We've had pretty good experience with California Overnight?

flip
Old 06-07-2006, 02:22 AM

02 C32 AMG
Frank, I just got your pm. Thank you.

I did not reply when you gave me the quote with shipping with UPS since the package was already delayed. Because on your first pm you told me that I would get this between 30may - 02jun. If I had known that the shipping will be delayed I would have gladly gave you the extra money to ship it through UPS. And I did mention to you that my car was already in the shop before I paid you that's why i needed the bumper ASAP. Well anyways Im glad this was resolved quickly.

I know Frank is a good guy that's why I bought it from him in the 1st place I did not go through c_brabus coz I did not want to just send 1220 through anyone. I trusted his good rep here in MbWorld.

My only point is that I did not get a tracking number, like I said when you pay this amount of money you should get a tracking number or go through a shipping company that provides one.

Thank You,
MBZAMG32

Trending Topics

Old 06-07-2006, 02:23 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
hope to see you cancel the paypal dispute asap.

Last edited by FrankW; 06-07-2006 at 02:37 AM.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by Trekman
frank is a great guy and I know this will get resolved... I know sending a bumper is costly and I would not use UPS. they will trash your package.
I don't think MBZAMG32 is implying that Frank W is a bad guy, he is merely stating the fact that he did not received the tracking number.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
best way to resolve things is to pm him or contact him directly......if you guys spoke just the other day then there was no need to make a thread about it so soon......
Old 06-07-2006, 06:29 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
issue is solved. yet have not seen the dispute on paypal been cancelled.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:58 PM

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by FrankW
issue is solved. yet have not seen the dispute on paypal been cancelled.
Well I have not received the bumper yet. As soon as I get it. I will pull it down.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
thats pretty shady.......look at how many post frank has, he lives on here and is a good sponsor........have you never bought anything online before?
Old 06-08-2006, 03:10 AM

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Alexbenz
thats pretty shady.......look at how many post frank has, he lives on here and is a good sponsor........have you never bought anything online before?
I have and that's why I'm waiting till I get the bumper then I will pull the dispute out of PayPal. Because once you close a dispute you could not reopen it. I dont know what the hell made you think anything shady going on. Item was paid in full. Im just covering my assets here. And pls. take note I never said that Frank was a bad sponsor. I'm merely stating my point of not getting a tracking number therefore I have to wait.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
I have and that's why I'm waiting till I get the bumper then I will pull the dispute out of PayPal. Because once you close a dispute you could not reopen it. I dont know what the hell made you think anything shady going on. Item was paid in full. Im just covering my assets here. And pls. take note I never said that Frank was a bad sponsor. I'm merely stating my point of not getting a tracking number therefore I have to wait.
well your first mistake was to make a thread about it for no reason...you said you talked to him the day before so just because a day went by you freaked out....pm was the way to go on that....frank's not out there to screw people over so the dispute should be canceled...there's no point of having it open because you'll get your bumper.....
Old 06-08-2006, 03:35 AM

02 C32 AMG
well your first mistake was to make a thread about it for no reason...you said you talked to him the day before so just because a day went by you freaked out....pm was the way to go on that....frank's not out there to screw people over so the dispute should be canceled...there's no point of having it open because you'll get your bumper.....
Like I said till I get the bumper then I will take it out!!! If i did get a tracking number I would have pulled it off immediately. But I didn't common sense will tell you to keep it open until it's delivered. anyways he say's it will be coming in tom. 6/8/06 as soon as my shop gets it dispute will be dropped.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:05 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
look at how many post frank has, he lives on here and is a good sponsor........have you never bought anything online before?

People said the same about Harris and still are out there money for over a year. Not saying Frank did anything wrong, but it goes to show you having lots of posts and customers means nothing once you get f*cked over.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
People said the same about Harris and still are out there money for over a year. Not saying Frank did anything wrong, but it goes to show you having lots of posts and customers means nothing once you get f*cked over.
well what haris did reguardless , theres nothing anyone could do .......he sold the business and left.......so even filing a complaint with paypal or anyone wouldn't have helped.....
Old 06-08-2006, 05:50 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
No offense, but would you want to send someone your valuable when they write you a check and then cancelled the check and still ask you to send them the thing they bought??

The dispute came out of no where after I already told you why the shipping is delayed and even provided the phone number of the trucking company's owner. If the dispute is not cancelled by tomorrow I will take legal actions. It will probably result in you not having the bumper at all and me returning your payment. I have no problem refunding your money to you and get the bumper back for my friend. Like I said before I don't make a cent out of this transaction for my personal friend.

and Neal, how have I f***ed him over? I'm the one that's without the bumper I'm responsible for for my friend and with a $1220 dispute on paypal for something that I already shipped.

it is also ridiculous that I'm seeing this same post over several other forum on mbworld as well as benzworld.

Last edited by FrankW; 06-08-2006 at 06:43 AM.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:17 AM

C32 AMG
Like I said till I get the bumper then I will take it out!!! If i did get a tracking number I would have pulled it off immediately. But I didn't common sense will tell you to keep it open until it's delivered. anyways he say's it will be coming in tom. 6/8/06 as soon as my shop gets it dispute will be dropped.
tracking number or no tracking number. you pay first and get merchandise after

its the cardinal rule
Old 06-08-2006, 11:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
Originally Posted by FrankW
and Neal, how have I f***ed him over? I'm the one that's without the bumper I'm responsible for for my friend and with a $1220 dispute on paypal for something that I already shipped.
Neal isn't saying or suggesting that you're screwing anyone. He's pointing out that given the Internet and the wild-west nature of purchases made between more-or-less anonymous users on a message board, and the pointed example of Harris, Evispanou(?) and a zillion others, one could be forgiven for thinking he was getting hosed on a deal and getting a little panicky about $1000+ in merch not showing up when he expected it.

FWIW, I didn't get that Neal was accusing you, only suggesting that everyone give MBZAMG32 a break for thinking he might be getting screwed.

FWIW2, I would still buy from you even with this post and I also would still sell to MBZAMG32.

I think the real lesson here is that, between two well-intending parties, the expectations and communications should be clear and often until the transaction is complete.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:52 AM

02 C32 AMG
Ok! First of all i apologize to Frank W by not giving you a chance to respond to my pm's I admit I jumped the gun on this one. But only because you told me on the 30th of may that you were promised that this will get shipped by the end of that week, then I get a pm that it hasn't even left LA. And I have asked you about a tracking number from the start which you could not provide, you didn't even know if they provide one not until this week.

Second, last time I check I am still out of $1220 in my account and I dont have the bumper. As far as I know Im still on the downside of this transaction.

Like I said, I dont know how many times I have to repeat myself. Once I get the item dispute will be pulled down. If it comes in today like FrankW said, No Problem I will take the dispute down and I will post it here.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:05 PM

C32 AMG 2002

Paypal disputes are wierd... i had one open a year ago, and it still appears visable on my account. (I never recieved an item i purchased on ebay....and i should mention that i was only refunded 50% of what i payed... *** bs.)
Old 06-08-2006, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
Second, last time I check I am still out of $1220 in my account and I dont have the bumper. As far as I know Im still on the downside of this transaction.

I think thats how it works when you order something I know when I ordered my xenon bulb and other stuff they always take my money first! I think you see it on most gas station "pay first before pumping gas"
Old 06-08-2006, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bif powell
Neal isn't saying or suggesting that you're screwing anyone. He's pointing out that given the Internet and the wild-west nature of purchases made between more-or-less anonymous users on a message board, and the pointed example of Harris, Evispanou(?) and a zillion others, one could be forgiven for thinking he was getting hosed on a deal and getting a little panicky about $1000+ in merch not showing up when he expected it.

FWIW, I didn't get that Neal was accusing you, only suggesting that everyone give MBZAMG32 a break for thinking he might be getting screwed.

FWIW2, I would still buy from you even with this post and I also would still sell to MBZAMG32.

I think the real lesson here is that, between two well-intending parties, the expectations and communications should be clear and often until the transaction is complete.
Need not to say more....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question for Frank W??? (Brabus bumper)