just picked up a c32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C32
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
It was just sitting at my local dealership and it had the nice red tag in the window and it said 38.9k reduced from somewhere in the mid 40's.

Its gone now but u know it went for someplace around 36k.

It was black black and i THINK it had nav but I dont really recall. Never sat it the car. Just looked at it and said oh not a bad deal.
Then how did you notice that it only had 3k miles on it? There had to be something wrong with it. And by that, I just mean I doubt it was in perfect condition, and it probably wasnt CPO
Old 06-13-2006, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by jgsx
Then how did you notice that it only had 3k miles on it? There had to be something wrong with it. And by that, I just mean I doubt it was in perfect condition, and it probably wasnt CPO
Yes it was missing a passenger door and had 4 slugs missing from the motor....

It said it had 3k miles on the window sitcker. No need to assume the car was a pos. It was clean and for a black car to have nice paint under very bright lights at night means the paint is in pretty good shape. Odd too because the new black cars always look swirled to hell at this place.

It was late at night. Next time I will break the window so I can sit inside and inspect the condition of the leather.

Cant tell ya anything else. If people dont want to believe reality thats fine. I skin off my nose

As for the CPO it had the starmark window sticker in it so I venture to guess it was CPO. The reality is that CPO is a warranty for an extra year. If you save 4k on the car you can likely dismiss the 1 extra years coverage. Also when you get down to it the cars that get cpo status are not always the best cars around. There are standards but its not like everyone sticks to the standards. Starmark has had its fair share of issues with cars being sold under starmark which really were not up to par. Its just a way to attract attention to the car. But for people like me warranty coverage is a big deal and for that I would always but an extended starmark package for 2-3k and have 7 years coverage. But always inspect the car very carefully for ive seen some pretty poorly fixed crash vehicles being covered under CPO.

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 06-13-2006 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C32
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Yes it was missing a passenger door and had 4 slugs missing from the motor....

It said it had 3k miles on the window sitcker. No need to assume the car was a pos. It was clean and for a black car to have nice paint under very bright lights at night means the paint is in pretty good shape. Odd too because the new black cars always look swirled to hell at this place.

It was late at night. Next time I will break the window so I can sit inside and inspect the condition of the leather.

Cant tell ya anything else. If people dont want to believe reality thats fine. I skin off my nose

As for the CPO it had the starmark window sticker in it so I venture to guess it was CPO. The reality is that CPO is a warranty for an extra year. If you save 4k on the car you can likely dismiss the 1 extra years coverage. Also when you get down to it the cars that get cpo status are not always the best cars around. There are standards but its not like everyone sticks to the standards. Starmark has had its fair share of issues with cars being sold under starmark which really were not up to par. Its just a way to attract attention to the car. But for people like me warranty coverage is a big deal and for that I would always but an extended starmark package for 2-3k and have 7 years coverage. But always inspect the car very carefully for ive seen some pretty poorly fixed crash vehicles being covered under CPO.
I didn't say it was a POS. I just said it probably wasn't perfect, as in not PERFECT. I was only looking at CPO vehicles, not just used C32s