Hello fellow C32ers....Noob here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
Hello fellow C32ers....Noob here

I just want to say hello.

This site has saved my a@* already. I just got the car a few weeks ago and after reading through some threads found that my IC pump was not working. I almost dropped it off for the MB big buck pump before being saved with the thread about the lightning pump. I am off to do the install myself rite now. I have also done the H&R coilovers yesterday. Perfect blend of handling and ride quailty for the C32.

Unlike some of you I am not looking to make a monster out of this car. I have a 600+HP porsche to feed that craving. I have lots of motronic knowledge to share and will be passing along some tid bits as the come about. My next project surrounding this car will focus on running the IC pump full time and increasing the size if the reservor to 2+ gallons.

Couple of questions for you guys.

Has anyone ported and polished the SC? We got great results when doing this to the ford lightning blower. 2+ lbs of boost without increasing blower speed.

Has anyone spent some time on the dyno tuning the fuel curve? I see most dyno posted here show 12:5to1 AF ratio. All FI cars I have played with like fuel in the 11:5-11:8 range on pump gas during WOT. I will be playing with that after a pulley install and will share the results. I have the tools available to peak inside the ECU as well.

Any ASP pulley failures? I think that approach to modifying the stock pulley makes the most sence.

Anyone know the size of the stock injectors in LBS per hour?

Thanks all
Tom
Old 07-29-2006, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c32, 190e 16v turbo
FINALLY someone thinking out of the box with modding a C32!!! I tend to find most people on this forum are too conservative when it comes to modding( no offense to anyone) I think porting the supercharger and the intakes would help out alot and i also believe a larger throttlebody would be needed. evosport has some phenolic spacers for the intakes that are very nice.
If you get to doing these mods before me, try to get before and after dynos....I would LOVE to see what power these type of mods
what kind of porsche do you have?

Last edited by p rossi; 07-29-2006 at 06:03 PM.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
I had my C32 AMG engine ported and polished by Josh at House of Power. It is a completely new built engine that I imported from Belgium. The swap into my coupe was finished approximately a month ago after alot of difficult work. Flowbench tests showed 15% flow increase after the head work and porting of the supercharger.

In order to reprogram the ECU, I think you need an unlocked Star Diagnostic System and suitable know how on the inner workings of the ECU software. But if you got the right stuff, then go for it. And to my knowledge, few people know how to program the ECU correctly on our cars.

Vadim@MBLN and Josh@HOP are the most knowledgeable about the C32 since Vadim owns a C32 and has done R&D for a long time and Josh built my engine. Josh is also building a very nice set of headers for my car.

Right now, the exhaust is the only restriction on my car since it still has the stock 1.78" ID pipe from my old motor, whereas stock C32's have much larger exhaust piping. Until I get the new exhaust, there is still big room for improvement in HP. When the new exhaust is done, I'm going to re-dyno the car and see if these mods have paid off. Even with my car in it's current condition, I still love the new engine. And it runs just like a new C32 AMG should run, I just want as much power from this engine as possible.

Last edited by pshek; 07-30-2006 at 01:57 AM.