C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Couple problems.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 06:37 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couple problems.

I did search around briefly but didn't really get a clear answer . So having said that, I recently took a trip and whilst using the cruise control at around 80 the car would kick a bit. Would be just one quick kick almost like it was wanting to downshift and accelerate but it doesn't. Its awfully weird feeling almost like the tranny catches a bit then releases very briefly after. Then today I got a malfuntion saying "ESP, visit workshop" and I had absolutly no power whatsoever. I would press the gas down and would barely accel at all. After I did the ECU reset it was decent but still wasn't at full power.

Intercooler pump? Battery? Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Originally Posted by uownme
I did search around briefly but didn't really get a clear answer . So having said that, I recently took a trip and whilst using the cruise control at around 80 the car would kick a bit. Would be just one quick kick almost like it was wanting to downshift and accelerate but it doesn't. Its awfully weird feeling almost like the tranny catches a bit then releases very briefly after. Then today I got a malfuntion saying "ESP, visit workshop" and I had absolutly no power whatsoever. I would press the gas down and would barely accel at all. After I did the ECU reset it was decent but still wasn't at full power.

Intercooler pump? Battery? Any ideas? Thanks.
Comment: At 80 MPH you are right at the S/C engagement/disengagement point in 5th gear (2900 RPMs). The engagement and disengagement of the S/C can feel like tranny shifting. Try cruising at 75 and see if things change.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:44 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG K
I had a malfunction light several times that killed everything but idle speed. If I turned the ignition off it ran fine, until one time it didn't. It turned out to be the throttle body gasket!! No problems since that was fixed.