C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Expected cost(repairs, Maint, etc) and Superchager Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 02:12 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Expected cost(repairs, Maint, etc) and Superchager Question

Two quick questions, I am still looking for the right C32 to purchase and I am wondering if I buy one with around 40K miles on it what would you expect the cost of repairs, maint., and anything else will be from 40K to say 90K miles?

Also if anybody knows what size the supercharger is in liters, please let me know. I can't seem to find that info anywhere.

Thanks.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 316 Likes on 233 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Everything on AMGs is expensive. Maintenance isn't too bad, but when something breaks, it's a big deal. I've had three AMG models (have two now) plus three non-AMG MBs and wouldn't consider one without the 100k extended warranty. Some people have greater tolerance for risk, of course. Intercooler pump, intercooler itself, radiator and transmission are common motifs here for the C32. It's too soon to say, of course, but the C55 seems to be more reliable. Certainly the lack of a supercharger helps in that department.

I don't understand your supercharger volume question. A supercharger is a pump/compressor. You can talk about flow rates and compression ratios, but not volume normally.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:29 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't understand your supercharger volume question. A supercharger is a pump/compressor. You can talk about flow rates and compression ratios, but not volume normally.[/QUOTE]

What I mean is that when you buy a twin screw supercharger for another car they usually say what the charger's max PSI is, Max CFM , and also liters. Here is Whipple's page with chargers ranging from 2.3-5 liters.

http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/...sp?ProdID=1162

Those are probably all for V8's but here is Active Motorsport's new twin screw for the 3.2l E36 M3, they use a 1.7liter charger.

http://www.activeautowerke.com/super...e36m3/main.php

So I am wondering what the C32 uses?