C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

I have a few questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a few questions

Hello, I bought a new c55 last month and I want to get it detailed and I have a few questions. First I live on long Island and I used to use westbury car wash and I was always happy with there work but they have become very expensive. Also I it seems that many people on here clay bar and they do not they use compund. I was going to try longIslanddetailing.com which is a mobile detailer that use zaino and caly bars have any of you guys ever used them I am a little nervous to use someone new on a brand new car. Also it seems that there is some overspray on the top of the drivers side door like it was not color sanded well would the clay bar fix this or would compounding be better. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:09 PM

Bump
Old 08-23-2006, 07:36 PM
Almost a Member!

Clay bars work great when used correctly which is very easy. You must use a spray detailer liquid constantly to keep the surface wet. And if you drop the clay, throw it away!! It will have grit in it and scratch your new car all to hell.

Try going on Meguiar's website. Sign up for their forum. Search topics there. You can also try autopia and other sites.

Silver is an easy color to work with. Black is difficult, but the results can be amazing.

I would NOT recommend using compound on a new vehicle. There are polishing products with varying degrees of aggressivenous. Start with the least aggressive method and then move up a level if that doesn't work.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:20 PM

Thanks for the help.