C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Supercharger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB C32 AMG
Supercharger

Anyone know where I can get a good price on a supercharger clutch? My '02 C32 is loud as hell and my local mechanic told me that I have to replace the clutch. I called up the local MB dealer and they want like $950 just for the part, I think it's a rip off just like everything else. Any suggestions? Yes, I tried jamming graphite between the two clutch plates with the feeler gauge. I feel like I am driving a German tank instead of a MB.

Old 09-04-2006, 04:51 PM

Black 2002 C32 AMG
You mite want to take the guide pulley off that site to the left under the supercharger. I only say this because I had what sounds to be the same sound you say your having on my 2002. I was getting ready to take it to the dealer one day and that pulley broke off and had been the origin of the sound. When you had the cover off the motor and listened it sounded like the SC but was not. That pulley is cheap and you can replace it yourself. If it is your SC clutch I have a friend that mite be able to get you the part at a better price. If you decide to replace the SC, the last time I checked thru my friend it was like 2k. PM me if you need any info.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:24 AM

MB C32 AMG
Thanks Altergo!

I'll take your advice and replace the pulley 1st and then we'll see if there's any difference. I hope you're rigth, I don't feel like spending 2k on a car that has 50k miles.

Thanks again on the advice, I'll let you know how things turn out.