C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Lysholm Technologies twin screws

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 02:52 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lysholm Technologies advice on C32 twin screw options(wanna run 20psi or more?)

I wrote to the company and asked about other possibilites for the C32 and this is the latest response I have been given.

Chris,

What is the maximum rev of this engine?

I estimated 7000 RPM as the maximum and then our 1600AX unit would be enough to deliver 20 psi. 20 psi is the limit though before heat start to become an issue for the standard rotor material. The revs are also approaching the maximum for the supercharger.

If you need more boost than 20 psi we can maybee look on a 2300AX with non standard rotor material that could enable you to run 24-25 psi. Such units would be at approx twice the standard price and the lead time is longer since the rotors need to be special ordered. Also that would require you to order at least 10 units I think. If this sounds interesting I can investigate further what the conditions could be for such a deal.

Best Regards

Robert Pettersson
Project Manager - Lysholm Technologies

So what are everybody's thoughts?

Last edited by AFbb2001; 09-08-2006 at 03:55 PM.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Too bad we can't find a light, efficient supercharger with ceramic coated dual screws. Oh wait, that's what we have!

Here's my take on it. There are a relatively small number of owners of this engine, and even fewer on this site, and even fewer interested in paying a boatload for a hotter supercharger. If the INSTALLED unit cost, with modified electronics, is more than $5,000 you're better off settling for a Kleeman or RennTech upgrade. Getting a bare supercharger is only the beginning. You'll need electronics, fittings and lots of itty bitty pieces to make it fit. And then you'll need a guinnea pig or two who will lose their car for weeks or months.

Alternatively, there's the C63, or Z06.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
Our current SC is good for 20psi we just need a better intercooler. We could probably pick up another 30-40hp at current boost levels with a better IC.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:16 PM
Almost a Member!

You may be right but this IS another option for those who would like a decent amount of power over what the stock unit is capable of safely. There is no supercharger upgrade for the C32 from Renntech or anybody else, they told me their was not enough demand for it, they said the people buying C32's don't want to pay that much to get more hp. But a b5 S4 is less expensive than a C32 and those owners, myself being one of them are more than willing to shell out whatever amount of money that each sees as feasable to reach our goals. The S4 tuners are still coming out with new products for the S4 and yet the C32 tuners seem to have given up on the model.

This is just my $0.02, but I see the C32 as a strong and capable engine on a beautiful car and I think we haven't even come close to reaching the limits of the engine.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
http://evosport.com/product/proddeta...VO.PER.M03.S02
evolution 2 Power Package
- Includes evolution 1 Power Package
- Ceramic Coated Performance Headers
- Denso Iridium Plugs (set of 12)
- evosport 8mm plug wires
- SL55 intake splitter and hose
- Powerchip/evosport custom-tuned evolution 2 software

Power Gains (CA 91 Octane)*:
- +3 lbs Boost (0.2 bar)
-Improved air flow
- 435 HP (75-85 RWHP)
- 420 FT-LB (70-80 RWTQ)
Why work on developing another supercharger, and then all the extras as stated above, when a company already deep in the modding world has options for making your current setup more efficient?
Old 09-08-2006, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by AFbb2001
You may be right but this IS another option for those who would like a decent amount of power over what the stock unit is capable of safely. There is no supercharger upgrade for the C32 from Renntech or anybody else, they told me their was not enough demand for it, they said the people buying C32's don't want to pay that much to get more hp. But a b5 S4 is less expensive than a C32 and those owners, myself being one of them are more than willing to shell out whatever amount of money that each sees as feasable to reach our goals. The S4 tuners are still coming out with new products for the S4 and yet the C32 tuners seem to have given up on the model.

This is just my $0.02, but I see the C32 as a strong and capable engine on a beautiful car and I think we haven't even come close to reaching the limits of the engine.
The aftermarket has MUCH more incentive to develop products for Audi turbos because there is huge owner base, and they continue to make turbo motors with some common architecture. The 2.7T engine was in the S4, the A6 and the AllRoad, and it was marketed for at least 4 or 5 years. A lot of the tuning work for the 2.7T is transferable to the 1.8t (which is in a LOT of Audis and VWs), and the 1.8t architecture is compatible with the current 2.0t structure. Tuners have hacked Audi's electronics and can do amazing things with an OBD port.

The C32 is a fairly lonely piece of engineering, and there are very few on the road. Add to that that Benz is not a youth-oriented brand, so tuners are not focusing on it.

We're lucky to have Kleeman and RennSport.