C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Quaife Differential - C32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 BMW X5 4.8is and 2005 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by jgsx
The $1795 price is the normal retail price, so a group buy could lower the price significantly
Are we talking a $100-200 drop or like a $500-600 drop?
Old 10-05-2006, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C32
Originally Posted by RawAMGpower
Are we talking a $100-200 drop or like a $500-600 drop?
That's up to Quaif. There is more than $200 margin in the 1795, even for a reseller
Old 10-10-2006, 11:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You guys need to check the old thread on this topic which goes way back.

The Quaife is a great product and is very noticable when the car is driven on tight turns at the limit. It produces a significant improvement in traction on turn entry and exit when driven to this degree of performance. Many turns in the past on the track or street which produced excessive wheel spin are now a thing of the past and the car is much more controlable and predictable.

We have been through the group by discussion many times. The retail price of 1,795 can not be beat unless you plan on ordering a lot of units which members of this forum were not willing to do. I think Quaife has sold less than a dozen from our last attempt through this channel of sales. Other vendors have made up the difference. A group buy of 6 would cost you more than 2,500 if I can remember corretly. Evosport has decided to sell the Quaife unit and that is a good thing. They are a reliable source of MB parts with good customer service. As mentioned earlier, Quaife will also sell direct at the same price. It is your call.

The power transition is seamless and there is absolutely no noise with the Quaife. It is the best investment I have made to date that has provided me with real world benefits, not only at 10/10th, but in normal day to day traffic like making a right hand turn from a stop - now I can do so without the fear that the car will shut down from ESP intervention and cause a potential accident in trying to squeeze into traffic. You won't be dissapointed with this mod.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:25 AM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by smgC32
You guys need to check the old thread on this topic which goes way back.

The Quaife is a great product and is very noticable when the car is driven on tight turns at the limit. It produces a significant improvement in traction on turn entry and exit when driven to this degree of performance. Many turns in the past on the track or street which produced excessive wheel spin are now a thing of the past and the car is much more controlable and predictable.

We have been through the group by discussion many times. The retail price of 1,795 can not be beat unless you plan on ordering a lot of units which members of this forum were not willing to do. I think Quaife has sold less than a dozen from our last attempt through this channel of sales. Other vendors have made up the difference. A group buy of 6 would cost you more than 2,500 if I can remember corretly. Evosport has decided to sell the Quaife unit and that is a good thing. They are a reliable source of MB parts with good customer service. As mentioned earlier, Quaife will also sell direct at the same price. It is your call.

The power transition is seamless and there is absolutely no noise with the Quaife. It is the best investment I have made to date that has provided me with real world benefits, not only at 10/10th, but in normal day to day traffic like making a right hand turn from a stop - now I can do so without the fear that the car will shut down from ESP intervention and cause a potential accident in trying to squeeze into traffic. You won't be dissapointed with this mod.
good feedback, thanks for the info...