C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Lights flicking on and off inside and more starting problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lights flicking on and off inside and more starting problem

After the car had its longest stretch without any problems (6000 miles), the car is back in the shop for more repair. This time I am getting the reoccuring long crank during cold starts and lights flicking on and off on the inside in the morning. In the morning, it would take 10 or 20 cranks before the car would start. Also the lights would come on and off on the way to work. The initial scan at Mercedes showed no error code, they are keeping the car overnight to see if it could be something else. I really hope they find osmething, I dont feel like having a car break down on me randomly.

Also MBZ is getting really gay with their no loaner program, it blows.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
I think it is up to the dealer for the Loaner.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:56 PM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yup, it is up to the dealer, i don't have warranty anymore and i got a free loaner...they didn't even have anymore loaners left so they paid to rent me a loaner
Old 09-28-2006, 01:10 AM

The *******s had me paid for a $240 fuel filter at 4.25 years / 45K miles (owner's manual stated 5 yrs/60K). They think that is causing the starting problem, I will see how it is this weekend. If it doesnt work, I am calling to put a hold on the repair.

Of course they cant find the light problem. Unless I get a diesel or AMG, this will be the last Mercedes ever.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:28 AM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tmak26b
The *******s had me paid for a $240 fuel filter at 4.25 years / 45K miles (owner's manual stated 5 yrs/60K). They think that is causing the starting problem, I will see how it is this weekend. If it doesnt work, I am calling to put a hold on the repair.

Of course they cant find the light problem. Unless I get a diesel or AMG, this will be the last Mercedes ever.
that is an expensive fuel filter...i picked up one at the parts store for $60 and did it my self, hope it solves your problem.