Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 10:35 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by boohooramblers
No such luck (even though I'm Irish!)!
Everything looks OE with MB part numbers on them. The pulley looks OE also - no signs of logos or welded rings. It doesn't make sense!

BTW - here's a vid clip of my dyno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5fhjTm6Kjc

cscollis - you said that you had problems with downshifting - I had the same thing even though it was in dyno mode - you can really hear the shifting on the dyno run.
Also evident in my dyno graph!
I had the same shifting issues on the Dynojet, like you, because of the foolish tech and him not wanting to take my advice. It is hard to believe that your car got higher numbers than my Renntech Stage I setup. Congrats! Granted, when I went to another Dyno, I ended up getting 342Whp.

So, you need to take it to another Dyno, and see what happens. I'm willing to bet it is much higher than your current run, considering we had the same issues.

Here is my graph

Did they do the run in 3rd?
Old 12-09-2006, 02:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry
I had the same shifting issues on the Dynojet, like you, because of the foolish tech and him not wanting to take my advice. It is hard to believe that your car got higher numbers than my Renntech Stage I setup. Congrats! Granted, when I went to another Dyno, I ended up getting 342Whp.
So, you need to take it to another Dyno, and see what happens. I'm willing to bet it is much higher than your current run, considering we had the same issues.
Here is my graph
Did they do the run in 3rd?
Good advice! I'll look into other dynojets around my area. If I'm getting ~320rwhp, then that translates to ~390hp at the crank. So, the car either has mod's that I don't know about, or there's something up with the dyno.
I honestly don't know what gear the car was in for the pull - I assumed the tech would have it in 4th for the pull, but I'm not convinced he knew how to deal with the dyno mode.
Why are there these type of problems shifting when the car is in dyno mode? I've read a lot of threads with other people's graphs - some are nice and smooth with no apparent shifting, and some look just like ours?
Old 12-09-2006, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice
Old 12-09-2006, 04:05 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by boohooramblers
Good advice! I'll look into other dynojets around my area. If I'm getting ~320rwhp, then that translates to ~390hp at the crank. So, the car either has mod's that I don't know about, or there's something up with the dyno.
I honestly don't know what gear the car was in for the pull - I assumed the tech would have it in 4th for the pull, but I'm not convinced he knew how to deal with the dyno mode.
Why are there these type of problems shifting when the car is in dyno mode? I've read a lot of threads with other people's graphs - some are nice and smooth with no apparent shifting, and some look just like ours?

The car should have been in 3rd for the pull. This is the 1-to-1 gear.

If it wasn't, I don't think it would have made your numbers go up, but I could be wrong.

Lucky you.