C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Installed eibach springs - a must have

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 05:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Thumbs up Installed eibach springs - a must have

Just had my C32 lowered with Eibach springs and I must say I'm quite satisfied with the new ride. What a difference, the ride is so much better it's unbelievable. This should've been mod no. 1 and how it should've left the AMG factory.

Had a local suspension joint install them and he said it's been lowered by 20mm. Can't believe how much 20mm makes a difference. Cornering feels like the car is on rails now, all the understeer is gone. This is all without a harsh ride on normal road conditions and feeling like you're beening beaten around.

Going around a frequently driven bend off the freeway exit which I normally would do about 65km/h, now I could push it about 85+ km/h without fearing sliding into the concrete barrier. The car feels so much safer on the road, although it probably makes me more dangerous on the roads.

Would definately recommend this mod and suggest most springs will provide a similar ride with significantly improved handling whether it's Eibach, H&R, Renntech, etc....
Old 11-22-2006, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
have pics?
Old 11-22-2006, 01:23 PM

'04 C32 AMG, '03 C230 Sport Sedan, '04 VW Jetta TDI, '00 Mercury Mountaineer SUV
Eibach Springs Lowered

Did you use your OEM shocks?
Old 11-23-2006, 03:24 AM

C32 AMG
yep, used stock shocks. Unless you're going on track frequently or they are damaged no point replacing them.

Will post some pics over the coming days.

BTW, the eiibach springs are the pro-kit ones.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Nice. For some reason I am paranoid about doing springs alone on my 32. Easy install for the shop?
Old 11-23-2006, 10:20 AM

C32 K AMG 03/2002
Originally Posted by LAZA_C32
Just had my C32 lowered with Eibach springs and I must say I'm quite satisfied with the new ride. What a difference, the ride is so much better it's unbelievable. This should've been mod no. 1 and how it should've left the AMG factory.

Had a local suspension joint install them and he said it's been lowered by 20mm. Can't believe how much 20mm makes a difference. Cornering feels like the car is on rails now, all the understeer is gone. This is all without a harsh ride on normal road conditions and feeling like you're beening beaten around.

Going around a frequently driven bend off the freeway exit which I normally would do about 65km/h, now I could push it about 85+ km/h without fearing sliding into the concrete barrier. The car feels so much safer on the road, although it probably makes me more dangerous on the roads.

Would definately recommend this mod and suggest most springs will provide a similar ride with significantly improved handling whether it's Eibach, H&R, Renntech, etc....
How come when I contacted Eibach to purchase the Pro-kit for my C32 they answered there was no pro-kit available for C32? Where did you get yours?
Thanks
Old 11-23-2006, 10:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
Originally Posted by LAZA_C32
yep, used stock shocks. Unless you're going on track frequently or they are damaged no point replacing them.
Will post some pics over the coming days.
BTW, the eiibach springs are the pro-kit ones.
Laza - I don't see from your mod' list, but are you running stock 17" wheels with these springs?
Old 11-23-2006, 12:44 PM
spr
MBWorld Fanatic!

interesting. So the real question is: Are these springs engineered to runwith the stock shocks? Most of the time they are not so they wear out the shocks quickly and then you have a pogo machine, and they're usually underdamped from the get go. Not taking away your thunder but that's usually the case and reason to get a matching setup. I would be most intersted in knowing what your camber specs were before and after since the camber is not adjustable without the negative camber bolts etc.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
I have use the pro kit for a year now no problems and ride is better that the H&R drop is also better I have 19 inch rims
Old 11-23-2006, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by spr
interesting. So the real question is: Are these springs engineered to runwith the stock shocks? Most of the time they are not so they wear out the shocks quickly and then you have a pogo machine, and they're usually underdamped from the get go. Not taking away your thunder but that's usually the case and reason to get a matching setup. I would be most intersted in knowing what your camber specs were before and after since the camber is not adjustable without the negative camber bolts etc.
I'm no engineer, but I question this. A firmer spring makes the shocks work less. If ride height changed a LOT then the shock might be operating in a different range (lower), but that shouldn't affect life.

I think the reason to change shocks is because the job is simple while changing springs (all the labor overlaps). Shocks may last 60-80,000 miles at the most, but eventually you'll need to replace them.

I've heard C55 shocks work on a C32. Correct?
Old 11-23-2006, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Trekman, I just gotta tell you.. I am loving your car man. I was staring at that pic before. Nice.

Any tips on where to buy Bremmas?
Old 11-23-2006, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 164 Likes on 149 Posts
99 E320
it comes down to suspension tuning and specs...

shorter spring may have same spring rate, or it can be firmer. if same spring
rate as OEM, riding over same roads, the stock shock will lose e.g. 1" or so of
travel from the onset due to the shorter spring. so if the pavement required
full travel already, it doesn't take much to project that it might bottom out
with the new springs.

ditto fifth ring, i'm unconvinced that the shock might 'wear out' sooner.
so when buying springs, it's important to shop for spring rate as well, and if
straight or progressive wound. too often, folks will (only) focus on the lowering
qualities of the spring but neglect that this is a system designed to function
together: spring rate/height, shock, center of gravity, and alignment specs....
all lend to the handling of the vehicle. the more demanding a driver you are, the
more important it is to tune carefully.

Last edited by raymond g-; 11-23-2006 at 05:18 PM.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:19 PM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Andras
How come when I contacted Eibach to purchase the Pro-kit for my C32 they answered there was no pro-kit available for C32? Where did you get yours?
Thanks
The springs definately exist, see this website as an example http://www.drivewire.com/performance...c32prokit.html

I bought them from a local suspension workshop, they do work on race cars and mainly modified cars. It is a fairly easy install, about 2 hrs work. I did ask about whether just changing the springs alone would cause problems to the stock shocks. They basically said being an AMG the shocks would be better than standard C-Class and would be able to take the lower ride considering the drop is only 20mm. Sounds good to me.

There is a chance the shocks may wear out quicker with the lower ride but I suggest that would be due more to driving habits rather than the lower springs, ie if you drive your car hard around corners the stock shocks with stock springs will end up worn regardless of the springs (as long as you're using proper springs and not cutting the springs)

boohooramblers - running stock 17in rims.

spr - not sure what the camber specs are/were but will try to find out. yes you are right though, to achieve negative camber there is a little mod they do. Not sure what it is, maybe simple as a couple of washers.

Either way loving the ride, and get this, so does the wife. Always screamed about my cornering, now those sharp turns go un-noticed (less).
I must say my wife's BMW 320 had better cornering than my C32 AMG stock ride (you may think I'm but I swear by it). It always niggled me about this considering my car costs more than double hers. But now I just love driving my car, is so much more balanced.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:24 AM

C32 K AMG 03/2002
Thanks, man
I pity Eibach Europe for telling me "no pro-kit on AMGs"
Old 10-27-2014, 03:03 AM

I will also like to buy bremmas.