Intercooler Pump failure related code?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 09:55 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Intercooler Pump failure related code?

Hi, I have an 02 C32 and currently i am experiencing the problem so many of you have encounterd before--no power or supercharger present when i floor the car on the highway around 90mph. I took the car to the dearler and they told me they couldn't find any code poiniting towards an intercooler pump failure. They said usually when the pump fails, it will throw a code in the ECU to indicate IAT is too high to be in the specs. But all they can find today is a code related to intake air pressure sensor. I do have a pulley+chip installed on the car. Has anybody here experienced the same problem here? any help will be appreciated.
thanks
Old 12-20-2006, 11:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi C7.5 S6
Take the car out and drive it real hard, till the power drops away, then drive some more. Try to get the power to drop off more than once, eventually, if it is the intercooler pump, it will set a IAT too high code, just maybe not right away.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
The pump is $80. Even if my car was under warranty and I new the pump had failed I would just change it myself. How much money are you spending in gas and time when you take the car back to the dealer just for them to say they can't duplicate it.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB C32 AMG
My IC pump failed and it never threw a code. Replaced the pump with the bosch pump for Ford trucks like $80 on Ebay. Huge difference now, the SC does not shut off and the car accelerates much quicker