Has anyone called to complain?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Has anyone called to complain?

Has anyone ever called MB USA to complain about a worthless dealer or service department? If you have, did it do any good or did it fall on deaf ears? I am not one to complain (at least to the extent to call them) but something needs to be done about my local dealer.
I waited 2 weeks for an appointment when every other day my car needed jump started. I drop it off on Monday and get a call yesterday that they hadn't have a chance to get to it because they kept moving other vehicles (pontiacs) in front of me because I had such a long list of repairs. This whole time they refuse to give me a loaner when they own 2 huge dealerships (MB and Pontiac - odd couple!) and keep telling me they will "get to it when we can". I get a call today telling me they "hope" to run the diagnostics today and to plan on 6-8 hours of diagnostics before they even start working any repairs! Charge for this being anywhere from $500-$800 and they doubt warranty will cover more half of that. There is soooooo much more to this along with some downright shady stuff goin on, but I won't get into all of that.
Bottom line is this, the local generic MB dealership in town is ruining the MB name. I would never buy a MB if I hadn't already owned one strickly because of this dealership!
Sorry for the rant, but very frustrated. Does anyone know who higher up at MB to even contact? Customer service or...?
Thanks for any info and hearing me out.

Last edited by SilverBulletAMG; 02-08-2007 at 12:17 PM.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:43 PM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
Has anyone ever called MB USA to complain about a worthless dealer or service department? If you have, did it do any good or did it fall on deaf ears? I am not one to complain (at least to the extent to call them) but something needs to be done about my local dealer.
I waited 2 weeks for an appointment when every other day my car needed jump started. I drop it off on Monday and get a call yesterday that they hadn't have a chance to get to it because they kept moving other vehicles (pontiacs) in front of me because I had such a long list of repairs. This whole time they refuse to give me a loaner when they own 2 huge dealerships (MB and Pontiac - odd couple!) and keep telling me they will "get to it when we can". I get a call today telling me they "hope" to run the diagnostics today and to plan on 6-8 hours of diagnostics before they even start working any repairs! Charge for this being anywhere from $500-$800 and they doubt warranty will cover more half of that. There is soooooo much more to this along with some downright shady stuff goin on, but I won't get into all of that.
Bottom line is this, the local generic MB dealership in town is ruining the MB name. I would never buy a MB if I hadn't already owned one strickly because of this dealership!
Sorry for the rant, but very frustrated. Does anyone know who higher up at MB to even contact? Customer service or...?
Thanks for any info and hearing me out.
Silver if you have your car financed, the best result you will get contacting customer affairs at the Bank. I did that couple of times w/ my Wifes Toyota- Dealer was just an assh..., making up excuses (car was bought brand new and under factory warranty) and Pontiac ( same deal - different dealer ).
In both cases got what I wanted quickly- suddenly my cars became priority.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by jacek9478
Silver if you have your car financed, the best result you will get contacting customer affairs at the Bank. I did that couple of times w/ my Wifes Toyota- Dealer was just an assh..., making up excuses (car was bought brand new and under factory warranty) and Pontiac ( same deal - different dealer ).
In both cases got what I wanted quickly- suddenly my cars became priority.
Never thought of going that route. I will try that first. Thank you both for the info.