C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

water coolant pressurisng c32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
water coolant pressurisng c32

hi, just wondering if anybody has had a problem with water coolant pressurising after a high speed run. My c32 is a 2002 car and as had no problems at all. but is started pressurising and coolant is coming out of cap. i have replaced the cap which has helped, but its abit embrassing when the coolant runs down onto the the red hot brakes and you get a trail of steam behind you
Old 03-03-2007, 11:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
Originally Posted by stretched4style
hi, just wondering if anybody has had a problem with water coolant pressurising after a high speed run. My c32 is a 2002 car and as had no problems at all. but is started pressurising and coolant is coming out of cap. i have replaced the cap which has helped, but its abit embrassing when the coolant runs down onto the the red hot brakes and you get a trail of steam behind you
If the coolant is running onto the brake pads, is that on the passenger side? If so, maybe it's leaking / spewing from the intercooler pump since that is in close proximity?
Old 03-04-2007, 04:31 AM

The water is only coming from the cap has I can see the coolant over the top of the expansion bottle
Old 03-04-2007, 08:13 AM
Almost a Member!

2002 C32
Originally Posted by stretched4style
The water is only coming from the cap has I can see the coolant over the top of the expansion bottle
When I recently flushed my coolant during the first few high speed runs afterwards I had coolant coming out of that pressure relief cap also. It has since stopped (just a consequence of a slight overfill).

The wheel well is fairly well-sealed off from other components, but I think it is feasible that some could drip from the reservoir down through the plastic shielding onto your calipers.

regards,
pete
Old 03-04-2007, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
Is the car overheating? What is your water temp when this happens?
Old 03-11-2007, 05:12 PM

I have solved the problem. I smelt the coolant and it sinks of exhaust flues. Which means i have a head gasket gone. its leaking between the water pocket and the cylinder so then i go fast or on a long journey. it pumps flue into the coolant which is buliding the pressure up. thanks for you inputs.