HELP!!! C320 Fuel Cutoff, Muffler Rattling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63 AMG
HELP!!! C320 Fuel Cutoff, Muffler Rattling

Alright, my car was towed yesterday after it became undrivable, but let me recap how it got to this point and hopefully you guys can help identify the problem (or speculate).

I switched on my car yesterday and I heard a loud rattle; almost as if under the car, in the middle of the exhuast there was a peice of metal shaking. I called the dealership and they said their service department was just closing, therefore if the problem persists I should call roadside.

Drove about four blocks and reved, and heard the noise again. So I called roadside, told them about the noise and their response was - 'it's a shield that goes around the muffler and it's probably lose and rubbing against the muffler'. But they indicated it's okay and when the car goes in for service B (scheduled Tues. - and 1,500 miles over ) they'll fix it for me. Fine, drove to the store and back home. Finally was leaving home again later in the evening and suddenly the Check Engine light came on. Called Roadside, they said it's cause the emissions aren't upto standard but if the car is driving then it's fine. They told me a trick to turn the light off (by a steering wheel pattern). Didn't work, but finally got on the highway, and suddenly the car just 'stalled' (it was still on), but it was as if there was a fuel cutoff. It didn't go above 54 miles per hour. It felt like the life just came out. Pulled over to the side, waited on the phone for 1 hr. and then got a tow truck to come get me (another 1 hr.).

So now the car is at the dealership, until Monday when they'll get in and assess the problem. So basically guys, what the hell is wrong with my car!?!!?!?!

Tee_Tz.