C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Spacers with PSS9 ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 03:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32
Spacers with PSS9 ?

I am about to buy some PSS9s for the C32 .... I have just bought monoblock S 18*8.5 and 9.5 ... with 265/40 and 235/35 Falkens .... I have read that I will probably need 5mm spacers in the front ..... can anyone advise if I will need them for the rear as well. Visually it looks like it would rub on the gaurd if I put a spacer in there ....... can anyone with experience with a similar setup comment ?

Thanks
Old 03-13-2007, 12:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It depends on the wheel's offset and backspace measurements. I run the same combo and tire size with the RENNtech wheels and have no problem with inner clearance. I believe your wheels may run a larger offset number and may hit the strut tube in the front. The stock strut tube where the wheel would come in contact has a diameter of 50mm where it is indented. The PSS9's have a continuous 55mm diameter. This is a critical dimension for proper fitment of a coilover. Putting a spacer on the wheel may cause rubbing on the outer fender, especially if you lower the car a few inches in the front. The rear is no problem as the rear does not use a coilover system. The PSS9's kit replaces the stock shocks and springs with different valving and spring rates.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is your offet on the wheels? If you're going to lower a decent amount you might have issues with the inside of the wheel touching the spring seat.