C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Took my C55 in for AC service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG
Took my C55 in for AC service

Took my car in for the AC blowing warm. I also had them look at my roof shade as it opens up all the time when I accelerate hard. Had them look at my hood liner too as it is falling apart at the snap on joints. Drop my car off and told them I was going to wait. Service rep took me into the waiting room and told me the vending machines are there. I was like WTF When I had my Lexus and went to Kuni for service they had the Classy room with all the compliments and refreshments you wanted for free. I was in Audi once and they had free **** and even an expresso machine you could make your own coffe with. I couldn't believe Mercedes would nickel and dime their customers with having them pay for water and pop. This would be at Glauser in Westminster, CO. What are your guys Mercedes pads like, I want some feedback about the waiting area's.

Anyhow back to the service. Rep told me the AC was low and they couldn't find a leak so they filled it up and added some dye so the next time I go in they will check it. The roof shade was ordered and the hood liner was also ordered and I will be returning for those to be installed. The next time I go back I will be stopping by a fast food joint before I go in there and give them my .02 cents about there service to the buying customer. People are buying hundred thousand dollar cars but when they wait for their cars while in service they have to buy their water and sodas, ****en lame.

Well when I was there they had a Maybach there and I couldn't beleive the asking price of 368,000 thousand dollars, I had to look again, I don't think it's even worth it.

Also saw a E350 with Kleenman 20" wheels with the smallest tire on them. 20 series low profile tire, I didn't even know they made such a tire. It was like an inch and a half high, talk about curb damage. I'm done venting know.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by the101dragons
Took my car in for the AC blowing warm. I also had them look at my roof shade as it opens up all the time when I accelerate hard. Had them look at my hood liner too as it is falling apart at the snap on joints. Drop my car off and told them I was going to wait. Service rep took me into the waiting room and told me the vending machines are there. I was like WTF.
Sounds like the Seinfeld episode.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:03 PM

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts
Current :2018 E63S and a 2018 GLE 63S . Prior, CLA 250, C450 AMG, 2017 AMG C63S
The Chicago Mercedes Benz Service Center is state of the Art. It's maybe about 1 to 2 miles away from the stealership. The waiting area has plasma tv's on the walls, hi-end magazines, and dark oak furniture and things of the like. Reminds me of a living room in a home. Even the area where you pull your car into has 2 plasma tv's. For what reason, I do not know.

And the expresso machine is free..
Old 03-15-2007, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C32
Originally Posted by atl 2 chi
The Chicago Mercedes Benz Service Center is state of the Art. It's maybe about 1 to 2 miles away from the stealership. The waiting area has plasma tv's on the walls, hi-end magazines, and dark oak furniture and things of the like. Reminds me of a living room in a home. Even the area where you pull your car into has 2 plasma tv's. For what reason, I do not know.

And the expresso machine is free..
That's the nicest service center I've ever been to.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG
update.

Took my car in to get the Hood liner replaced and the sunroof shade cover replaced under warranty. Took like an hour and looks brand new. I thank this forum as I would have never new the cheap hood liner would be replaced until someone on here mentioned it.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
I bought my car at Globe in Fairfield, NJ, but I am now going to service it at Mercedes-Benz of Morristown. Globe has a very tiny little waiting room like you describe. Morristown just built a state of the art center which has a second showroom (which I like because I can look without annoying sales people) free water, soda, coffee, pastries in the morning, spot to plug in your laptop and get internet connection, a giant room with a virtual golf thing, and an 80" TV. The waiting area also has large windows into the service bay so you can watch them work on the cars.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
All dealers except Manhattan are privately owned. They vary drastically dealer to dealer. So don't let one bad experience change your view one Mercedes in general.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by JonMBZ
All dealers except Manhattan are privately owned. They vary drastically dealer to dealer. So don't let one bad experience change your view one Mercedes in general.
Good point. It is a shame that MBUSA doesn't have more rigid standards on what is to be provided for their customers at each dealership. I got that "independently owned" nonsense a lot from MBUSA when I had to file a complaint. At the end of the day, each dealership is a part of the MBUSA network and it is a reflection on their brand and product.