C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C32 - Valentine 1 install instructions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 02:51 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 - Valentine 1 install instructions

I tried to search the board for this item but the pictures used in the tutorials seem to have expired.

Can someone explain with pics, what parts are needed and pics of how to install the V1 hidden in a C32?

I have the V1 now suction-cupped to the windshield and it is annoying with the power cord going on top of everything. Even if it stays there but the power is from somewhere OTHER then the cig lighter it would be fine.

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2007, 04:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' E39 M5, 10' CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by blumber
I tried to search the board for this item but the pictures used in the tutorials seem to have expired.

Can someone explain with pics, what parts are needed and pics of how to install the V1 hidden in a C32?

I have the V1 now suction-cupped to the windshield and it is annoying with the power cord going on top of everything. Even if it stays there but the power is from somewhere OTHER then the cig lighter it would be fine.

Thanks!
u can hard wire the V1 to the battery or tap into the rear view mirror's power i know some ppl on this form have used the power from the rear view mirror to power up the V1 but i did a direct connection to the battery. sorry i dont have any pic
Old 03-28-2007, 05:24 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How would I go about doing that?

The power connector is a phone cord, I could splice it but then what.. How can I make a clean run to the battery?
Old 03-28-2007, 06:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
There is probably a kit to do this that isn't too expensive, but another option would be an item like this:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

You hard-wire that to say a hot and a ground lead somewhere connected to the door-lights and just plug the V1 cig-lighter plug into that device up there. You could find one at a BestBuy installation departments without the little plate on the RadioShack one, but I couldn't find a good pic of it.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
v1 comes with a hardwire adapter
Old 03-29-2007, 05:01 AM

03' E39 M5, 10' CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by jgsx
v1 comes with a hardwire adapter
ya all the V1 come with a hard wire kit, u dont need to cut the phone cord that would be really hard way to make this work. if ur V1 did not have the hard wire kit u can call V1 support group and get them to send u one. u will need that to make it work, and make ur life a lot easer.

when u open the hood, look where the battery is there is also a external power supply spot just run the wire from there into ur car and power up the V1 from there. i'll try to get u some pic of mine.