C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Another Tire Post

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 07:09 PM
OPM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Tire Post

Summer is almost here and I dislike the OEM Continental ContiSportContact2. The tires have just a bit over 3K miles on them. How do I know? Because that’s what the odometer read when I removed them for the winter. Anyway, as I said, I do not want to put them back on, but I also do not know anyone who wants them locally and I do not really want to do the whole ebay thing either. So my question is this – how long do these last on C55? I do not track my Benz. Should I put them on and wait until they die? What would you do?
Old 03-28-2007, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
they will last a good 20k miles if you drive carefully

i'd sell them dirt cheap on the forum
Old 03-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
the stock conti's are THAT bad. I'd keep them until they wear out. is there a particular reason you don't like them?
Old 03-29-2007, 08:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
I found the Contis got better (for handling) as they got older. Less tread means less tread squirm. They are getting louder but I honestly don't care about that. I costs nothing to turn up the stereo!
Old 03-29-2007, 12:35 PM

'14 CLA 45
I am about to change from the ContiSportContact2 to Goodyear Eagle F1-DS3 or whatever their name is. Performance wise I was satisfied with the contis, but I only got like 12k miles out of them (rear tires of course) which I'm not satisfied with. You should keep your tires since you wont get any good $ here on the board for them I think.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by kickR
I am about to change from the ContiSportContact2 to Goodyear Eagle F1-DS3 or whatever their name is. Performance wise I was satisfied with the contis, but I only got like 12k miles out of them (rear tires of course) which I'm not satisfied with. You should keep your tires since you wont get any good $ here on the board for them I think.
Sorry to hijack, but love the black on black. rims look great.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:00 PM
OPM

Lee – I do not mind selling them cheap, but I do not have time to wait because warm weather is almost here. Does anybody want them?

e1000 – no, they are not terrible. They are relatively quite, fairly comfortable and have “street reasonable” grip in wet and dry. Most of the time, I am not an aggressive driver. However, I love to play with on/off ramps. And these tires just do not inspire confidence. Since I do not worry about comfort or noise I would love to switch these to something closer to a street class autox tires. In other words, this is not about changing a bad tire for a good one, rather changing one type of a tire for a different type.

Fifth – thanks for the tip. However, to wear them down enough I’ll have to wait a summer or two. But I am planning to sell the car in about 3 years. So I guess sucks to be me.

kickR – I most likely will keep them. Thanks.