C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Advice Needed - Shaking from car - stealership useless

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63 AMG
I'll continue to research this problem, maybe I'll find another suggestion for you.

Good luck! Don't worry, 1,000's of minds from this forum, we'll figure it out.

Tee_Tz.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:08 AM

C32 AMG, CL500, Jag StypeR, SLK200, Aygo, Audi TT
well teh shaking is still there! Im due a service in like 1000 miles so when I take it in ill complain again - prob is I need to find a new dealer as all my local ones reckon its NORMAL!! Man you just cant get the staff these days can you
Old 05-15-2007, 09:16 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by shanusanus
well teh shaking is still there! Im due a service in like 1000 miles so when I take it in ill complain again - prob is I need to find a new dealer as all my local ones reckon its NORMAL!! Man you just cant get the staff these days can you

Did you read my post on the previous page?
Old 05-15-2007, 03:35 PM

Location: dayton ohio hopefully it will be some place warm and sunny when i finish med school
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C32 AMG silver & 2003 Lancer Evolution 8 black very moded
Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry
Put your car in gear and take enough pressure off of the brake so that the car moves forward slowly. Keep your foot on the brake and see if the car starts rocking while it's moving forward. If you did this right, the car won't move more than a foot or two.

I bet it jerks around huh?
YEAH MINE IS DOING THAT
Old 05-16-2007, 08:23 AM

Location: dayton ohio hopefully it will be some place warm and sunny when i finish med school
hey i changed half of my spark plugs... (the dumb *** i am didn't think there could be 2 per cylinder) but the 6 that i did change smelled like gas and had oil on them... could this be an issue? i've had plugs in the past on other cars be black but never any oil or anything like that....

so im just wondering if this could be the shaking i'm feeling? i put in OEM NGK plugs... part number 4696... im changing out the rest this weekend and probably going to upgrade the wires to Magnacore 8.5
Old 05-16-2007, 11:14 AM

Did you read my post on the previous page?
Hi dude - yes I did read your postr - I dont exactly get what your saying - are you saying that the shaking is NORMAL or NOT? I kow it happens exactly as you say and sometimes when Im slowing down like at traffic lights it makes me feel like the car iss going to cut out - it never does- but the shaking gives you that impression. Are you saying its NORMAL though?

My local MB dealers all say its NORMAL, they have even checked the spark plugs they replaced only last January and said they are all fine, now cracks etc and all firing correctly. I have changed teh Air Filters - no change. Its hard to get a dealership to fix something if they dont even feel its a problem in the first place. And of course im under warrenty which runs out October - I bet come November they will all say yes its so and so and it will cost so and so..... thats how typical it all is!
Old 05-16-2007, 12:30 PM
spr
MBWorld Fanatic!

I would clean/ check your MAP/MAF sensor and check your 02 sensors and air filters, spark plugs and TB and then would check your motor mounts. If everything is fine on the engine who knows.

I know that cleaning the MAF makes a difference especially if you run K&N or oil based filters as they wick onto the sensor over time.

I don't know these motors all that well but on my 996 a cam solenoid that changed the variable valve timing is known to make the idle a little lumpy as well, but I don't think your car has that technology.

On my c43 I had the motor mounts replaced 3 times, but on that car I was told they were hydrolic!
Old 05-16-2007, 01:19 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Hi dude - yes I did read your postr - I dont exactly get what your saying - are you saying that the shaking is NORMAL or NOT? I kow it happens exactly as you say and sometimes when Im slowing down like at traffic lights it makes me feel like the car iss going to cut out - it never does- but the shaking gives you that impression. Are you saying its NORMAL though?

My local MB dealers all say its NORMAL, they have even checked the spark plugs they replaced only last January and said they are all fine, now cracks etc and all firing correctly. I have changed teh Air Filters - no change. Its hard to get a dealership to fix something if they dont even feel its a problem in the first place. And of course im under warrenty which runs out October - I bet come November they will all say yes its so and so and it will cost so and so..... thats how typical it all is!

Does your car only shake while it's in gear?

My car started doing this after a service appointment. I can't remember what they changed, but I thought it was a recall.

I always thought it was because of the mods, but I'm starting to think it's the transmission. My car only does it in gear, and if you let the car roll forward slowly, you can feel the jerk. As soon as I give it any kind of gas, the problem goes away.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:08 PM

Does your car only shake while it's in gear?

My car started doing this after a service appointment. I can't remember what they changed, but I thought it was a recall.

I always thought it was because of the mods, but I'm starting to think it's the transmission. My car only does it in gear, and if you let the car roll forward slowly, you can feel the jerk. As soon as I give it any kind of gas, the problem goes away.
HOPING THAT ITS NOT THE TRANY.... GEEZ THATS GOING TO COST AN ARM AND LEG B/C I DONT HAVE ANY KIND OF WARRANTY!!!
Old 05-17-2007, 03:05 AM

AMG-JERRY, mine does it out of gear too - just sitting there at idle - itll shake then

And IMO I'd rule out the tranny cause I had 2 dealers do Glycol tests on the tranny & oil checks - all came back ok.

SO - im rulling out tranny issues. Thank god.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:50 AM

mine does it out of gear too - just sitting there at idle - itll shake then
i'm in the same boat
Old 05-19-2007, 07:24 AM

the correct engine oil?!!?

Guys - thi smay \ may not be anything to do with our shaking problem but I thought id throw it in and ask the question! WHAT GRADE OF ENGINE OIL should be in our C32's?

The reason I ask is that each service record since my car was delivered new has had Mobil 1 0/40 grade oil. However my last service at a MB dealership gave it an unnamed 5w\40 oil. Now I know that 0 to 5 is only slight difference but that type of 0/40 oil was enough on my BMW Z3 to make the car either run or not run at all - the Beemer only would accept 0/40 - nothing thicker.

So is there any chance someone could clarify what the car should be having and more importantly, those of us with this shaking problem - what grade of oil was last used for your service?

Lets see if this could be anything to do with it!
Old 05-20-2007, 02:00 PM

Guys - thi smay \ may not be anything to do with our shaking problem but I thought id throw it in and ask the question! WHAT GRADE OF ENGINE OIL should be in our C32's?

The reason I ask is that each service record since my car was delivered new has had Mobil 1 0/40 grade oil. However my last service at a MB dealership gave it an unnamed 5w\40 oil. Now I know that 0 to 5 is only slight difference but that type of 0/40 oil was enough on my BMW Z3 to make the car either run or not run at all - the Beemer only would accept 0/40 - nothing thicker.

So is there any chance someone could clarify what the car should be having and more importantly, those of us with this shaking problem - what grade of oil was last used for your service?

Lets see if this could be anything to do with it!
0w-40 is the correct grade... i only use Mobil 1 i'm thinking my shaking is from the fuel system... b/c driving is... so im going to replace the fuel filter and clean up the injectors and get a whole system flush/cleaning
Old 05-21-2007, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by edtv82
0w-40 is the correct grade... i only use Mobil 1 i'm thinking my shaking is from the fuel system... b/c driving is... so im going to replace the fuel filter and clean up the injectors and get a whole system flush/cleaning
Hi - yes I think a system flush is maybe a good idea - how do we do this and what do you use to do it? I presume its something squited into the fuel tank ?!?! what do you recommend? also where is the fuel filter located?
Old 05-21-2007, 01:13 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Hi - yes I think a system flush is maybe a good idea - how do we do this and what do you use to do it? I presume its something squited into the fuel tank ?!?! what do you recommend? also where is the fuel filter located?

My fuel filter was replaced less than 1000 miles ago and the problem is still there.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:16 PM

My fuel filter was replaced less than 1000 miles ago and the problem is still there.
really? hmm? maybe drop in some injection cleaner? that might help a little but i'm taking my car to my mechanic to have them do the system flushing... hoping that fixes it... it usually cost about 150$ to do... depending on where/ who you go to... but i do know there are some gas tank additives like professionals choice that help with rough idling... but i'm also going to have my MAF checked and cleaned up too
Old 05-21-2007, 02:21 PM
SPONSOR

really? hmm? maybe drop in some injection cleaner? that might help a little but i'm taking my car to my mechanic to have them do the system flushing... hoping that fixes it... it usually cost about 150$ to do... depending on where/ who you go to... but i do know there are some gas tank additives like professionals choice that help with rough idling... but i'm also going to have my MAF checked and cleaned up too
the car has a MAP sensor, not a MAF...
Old 05-21-2007, 02:56 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
I'm telling you, it happened after I took the car to the dealer for service. I need to go back and check, but I think they did something recall related.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:36 AM

:topic:

AMG-JERRY SICK C32!!!!!!!!!!!!! i know there are probably others with the same get up as you but black all around looks wicked! my EVO8 is just like that.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:17 AM

OK... had my fuel system flushed out... new fuel filter, gas tank was cleaned, injectors cleaned out and reconditioned, and a few other things..... the shaking has stopped not sure if its just my car had a clogged fuel filter and when i drove the car it was able pump the gas more b/c the pump was working harder? but i talked to my buddy down at his shop and he said i should replace the fuel pump sometime anyway... maybe to upgrade one for some added performance but gas runs great now...

he also said that just adding injector cleaner and changing the filter might help out if the problem comes back then have the system flushed... having my system flushed was free for me b/c he owed me a favor but usually 120$ but its fairly easy to do yourself...
Old 05-25-2007, 11:38 AM
SPONSOR

C63S
AMG-JERRY SICK C32!!!!!!!!!!!!! i know there are probably others with the same get up as you but black all around looks wicked! my EVO8 is just like that.

Thanks!
Old 06-06-2007, 04:40 PM

C63, SLK55
I just recently had the same shaking when I put my car into gear while it's stopped. it's so bad when I'm stopped at a red that I have to shift it to neutral to stop the shaking. I took the car for a diagnostic and they said I need to replace the driver’s side engine mount. They want to charge me $600 to fix it. I'm sure the part it self costs only $100 and the rest will be labor.
Is this something I can do my self? They said the cars exhaust system will need to come off in order for them to get the engine mount replaced.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:48 AM

mines still doing it......

Hi all - well mine is still shaking like hell - weve done the fuel filter, flush out and still there. Im REALLY thinking its the engine mounts now - im gonna book her in for Tonbridge Merc as they gave me a great service recently (B Service) and I liked the staff there.

Anybody else any more ideas on solving this at all?
Old 11-12-2012, 12:19 AM

2002 mercedes s430
Take a look at the vibration dampner or called crankshaft pulley for wobbling or rubber bond coming apart from metal pulley. Common known problem on mercs.