C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Chirp Sound when initially accelerating or shifting gears?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Originally Posted by FrankW
WOW am I late to the thread or what

I also has the chirp sound. I think it's the clutch from the s/c. don't really think it's a big deal. Until the car breaks down of course.
Frank, do you still have the noise?
Old 07-04-2008, 12:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK550
Originally Posted by pointman
Hi guys. I have this issue and a solution is tough to find since the sound is so intermittent. I get it after the car has been driven for a good 40 minutes.

Anyone have any updates? FrankW, I know you are very well versed with the C32. Any new news??
I've noticed it a few times when I start to accelerate away from a traffic light. It only seems to happen when the humidity is real high. I did find a fix for the problem though....I just roll up my windows and turn up the radio a little. No more chirp.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silver 02 C32 & White 05 CLK500
I really can't tell if I have any supercharger problems, but my car feels sluggish and unresponsive when it is hot and humid outside. Also, when it is hot, the feel of the gas pedal softens. When its cold, it is damn fast and the gas pedal is harder to push and the supercharger engages right away. I hate driving the car in hot weather because of this, I have to push the gas pedal almost halfway to get any response. Do any of you guys have this problem? Is this anything I should worry about? I know sprintbooster cures the response, but I am afraid that the supercharger is not engaging correctly. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:01 PM

It also does not pull near as hard when it's hot vs when its cold. It feels like it only has 300 hp at crank and not 349.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:01 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Frank, do you still have the noise?
noise are long gone.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:22 PM

MB C32 AMG
also check ur water pump. I had the chirp problem at stand still and at light accelaration and it was the water pump pully wobbling.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:59 PM

I dont have the chirp sound, just wondering why my car is day and night different when its hot vs when cold outside. Thanks, I will check the water pump pully.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RedBull
I've noticed it a few times when I start to accelerate away from a traffic light. It only seems to happen when the humidity is real high. I did find a fix for the problem though....I just roll up my windows and turn up the radio a little. No more chirp.
I don't mind the sound... I am just worried that it is a precursor for something breaking down the line.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by alkrstev
I really can't tell if I have any supercharger problems, but my car feels sluggish and unresponsive when it is hot and humid outside. Also, when it is hot, the feel of the gas pedal softens. When its cold, it is damn fast and the gas pedal is harder to push and the supercharger engages right away. I hate driving the car in hot weather because of this, I have to push the gas pedal almost halfway to get any response. Do any of you guys have this problem? Is this anything I should worry about? I know sprintbooster cures the response, but I am afraid that the supercharger is not engaging correctly. Any help would be appreciated.
How is this in any way similar or related to the thread?
Old 07-04-2008, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

noise are long gone.
Anything done to get rid of it? Thanks.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by john89011
also check ur water pump. I had the chirp problem at stand still and at light accelaration and it was the water pump pully wobbling.
Thanks. I am going to look into it. I don't think that is my issue cause for my chirp to happen it has to be when the car is completely warm, and when shutting the car off, and when shifting gears.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:11 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Anything done to get rid of it? Thanks.
nothing was done to fix it. it cured it self. the supercharger clutch chirp is pretty much like the brake squeaks. comes and goes...
Old 07-05-2008, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

nothing was done to fix it. it cured it self. the supercharger clutch chirp is pretty much like the brake squeaks. comes and goes...
Dang. Thats weird. Its driving me crazy to figure out if this is in fact an issue or not. Oh well. Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:46 PM

CLK550
Yep, my squeak went away.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:46 PM

srt 6 chrysler crossfire
chirp

I have not been here for awhile, It just so happens that I checked in to look up this exact problem and viola here it is. I have the chirp at light load as well as when It down shifts under heavy acceleration. I am still under warranty, but I know the Chrysler techs have no clue what’s going on with the SRT6's I am worried now. I worry about them replacing a supercharger.