C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Need help with '03 c32 headlight alignment!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 C32 AMG
Need help with '03 c32 headlight alignment!

What's up everybody? I just got my c32 around a month ago and came across this site trying to look for help, and I love it already....anyways, I just replaced the stock bulbs with some PIAA 7500K bulbs, and afterwards I could tell that the left low beam (looking towards the car) is angled a lot lower than the right side low beam. It seems to be reflecting off the bottom of the headlight housing, and I don't know how to raise the angle. I checked the manual and searched the site a bit, but was unable to find anything. Can anybody give me any help with this?!?
Old 05-31-2007, 09:37 PM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there is an adjustment screw/plastic bolt on top of the headlight housing...look for it in the daylight and you will see it...
Old 06-01-2007, 08:07 AM

'03 C32 AMG
Ok, I have seen that before and starting turning it but it seemed not to do anything. I was assuming that turning it clockwise would raise the beam, but nothing seemed to be happening. Any tips on which way to turn the screw? Thanks for your help...
Old 06-01-2007, 10:53 AM

2002 C32 and 2009 Audi S5
I have the same issue. Knew that had to be the adjustment but had no clue which way to turn other than guessing the way you did.

I had issues with my beams being way too low and the mechanic adjusted them up but I wasn't there to watch him. I then had my wandering mirrors and unmoveable seat issues fixed by replacing a memory module and suddenly my headlights are lighting up the sky. I need to tilt them down, but for the life of me I couldn't find anything in the manual discussing this (I think they assume with auto leveling you will never need to).
Old 06-01-2007, 10:54 AM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AMGwolfpack
Ok, I have seen that before and starting turning it but it seemed not to do anything. I was assuming that turning it clockwise would raise the beam, but nothing seemed to be happening. Any tips on which way to turn the screw? Thanks for your help...
if you look at the alignment screw, it tells you which way to turn it for the desired height...

but, i suspect that you have over extended the screw and it has come out...

can you pull up and down on the back of the projector assembly and move it by hand?
Old 06-01-2007, 10:59 AM

'03 C32 AMG
Thanks for the tips, I will try that when I get home from work today