Sqeaky motor sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32
Originally Posted by demigod
My car started making a loud squeaky sound when I was driving. It's coming from one of the pulleys on the motor.. I sprayed some grease in the top left pulley bearing and it went away while it was in the driveway, but I didn't drive it after so I don't know if it's gone for sure. Also the check engine light came on the same day that the sounds started happening. I didn't drive the car today but tomorrow I will be taking it in to have it looked at. I made a vid and posted it on youtube ..anyone know what it is? TIA!

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgOgGQSONv8
I developed the exact same noise as in the video recently, and finally got around to checking it out today. It seems to be the "tightener pulley" which is below the pulley to the left of the supercharger pulley.
Part number 1122020019.
The part is $33 from Duval. Interestingly, my supercharger pulley spins pretty quietly. I was surprised.

Regards,
pete
Old 09-25-2007, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by moorfan
I developed the exact same noise as in the video recently, and finally got around to checking it out today. It seems to be the "tightener pulley" which is below the pulley to the left of the supercharger pulley.
Part number 1122020019.
The part is $33 from Duval. Interestingly, my supercharger pulley spins pretty quietly. I was surprised.

Regards,
pete

I'm changing this pulley too.

the noise is back and i believe its a combination between the pulley and komp bearings..

so I'll be changing them both in a few weeks.