C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Tele-Aid called me yesterday

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 10:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
Tele-Aid called me yesterday

I was watching a movie yesterday and while I was inside the theater, teleaid called me asking whether something is wrong with my car. I asked them what's wrong and they proceeded telling me that my alarm went off. I went to check on the car and fortunately it was completley fine and the alarm is silent. Can the alarm turn off by itself after a certain period of time?
I parked my car underground (Van Ness theater in SF) and it's strange that the signal can still go through. I read somewhere in the manual that the avaibility of TeleAid is limited and I certainly did not expect it is still working underground. Is there any chance of mistaken identity by TeleAid?

Any clue?
Old 10-13-2002, 11:19 PM
Bux
MBWorld Fanatic!

G
hah

C32's alarm is real sensitive i have had 3-4 false alarms...gotta take it to dealer to turn down sensitivity if it occurs more often. I have the tele-aid # stored in my phone as "C32 ALARM!" so as soon as i get the call i start going towards the car. Once i was asleep in a hotel and at 3AM my cell rings, look at it, and start haulin *** towards the elevators running through lobby and out to the car (at the same time hotel security was going towards my car) and nothing had happend to thecar + security said no one has been through here so yeah it's nice about silent alarm and all but the sensitivity needs be turned down.

tip: when you fill out tele-aid form or you can change this at any time make sure they have your CELL PHONE as the 1st # they call instead of your house, to tell you whats up (cause i always have my cell phone on me)
Old 10-14-2002, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Re: hah

Originally posted by ro0zy
C32's alarm is real sensitive i have had 3-4 false alarms...gotta take it to dealer to turn down sensitivity if it occurs more often. I have the tele-aid # stored in my phone as "C32 ALARM!" so as soon as i get the call i start going towards the car. Once i was asleep in a hotel and at 3AM my cell rings, look at it, and start haulin *** towards the elevators running through lobby and out to the car (at the same time hotel security was going towards my car) and nothing had happend to thecar + security said no one has been through here so yeah it's nice about silent alarm and all but the sensitivity needs be turned down.

tip: when you fill out tele-aid form or you can change this at any time make sure they have your CELL PHONE as the 1st # they call instead of your house, to tell you whats up (cause i always have my cell phone on me)
Hey roozy,

what's the tele-aid number? or is it different in every state?
Old 10-14-2002, 03:52 PM

C32 AMG
I think we can just press the Info button to update our contact information, address, etc. Is this right?